“Great Tibetan Food with Friendly Service”
Review of Tibet Kitchen

Tibet Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 154 Restaurants in Dharamsala
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Tibetan
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“Great Tibetan Food with Friendly Service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place does great Tibetan food at a reasonable price. The food is wholesome, well-prepared and tasty. The staff are really helpful - you can talk to them about what they'd suggest you eat, depending on your culinary interests. We ate chicken momos - the fried ones were excellent - fried Chinese spinach, peanut noodles and a mutton gravy. Another time we tried the thukpa, which was a meal in itself. Everything we ate was great. If you're looking for Tibetan food that's safe to experiment with, here's the place.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
New Delhi, India
“The best Momo in town, and a clean, safe meal”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

When traveling in India, my minimum standard is that the food be prepared in a clean, safe way and that it won't make me sick. This isn't always so easy to achieve. And furthermore, you rarely can tell before you try it, which can feel like a high stakes game of gastro Russian Roulette sometimes! So when my business associates on my recent trip to McLeod Ganj told me that they eat at this restaurant all the time and know the owners well and could vouch for the place, I was all in!

After we get over that cleanliness and food safety hurdle, I want a good meal, above all other factors. I had a wonderful glass of ginger/honey/lemon tea (I had a head cold and a scratchy throat and they recommended this and it was brilliant. Perfect. And so incredibly flavorful and aromatic!) and the tea was followed by steamed momos. Fantastic. Best momos I've ever had and I love momos and get them often. These were lamb, I believe. I think they had more choices, but honestly I just let my lunch hosts choose as they were locals and I knew they'd know best.

After cleanliness and healthy prep, and after good food, I'd like the ambience to be nice. It's like the Maslow's hierarchy of good restaurants, right? Well, the ambience wasn't much. It's a simple place. For an American, think diner. You don't expect white pressed linen at a diner, right? So this is like that. Simple but clean tables, bench seats along the wall, chairs on the inside, picture of the Dalai Lama on the wall draped in the required swath of golden silk fabric. Quotes by the Dalai Lama on the walls. It's like all the restaurants in McLeod Ganj, in other words. And so it was authentic and nice, but not at all fancy. So I give it five stars not because the ambience is perfect, but because it is exactly what it purports to be.

Highly recommend!

Taipei
“diverse food style: good food and good service”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've visited Tibetan Restaurant many times while I and my other friends stayed in Dharamsala this Feb and Aug many times. I felt comfortable about their food and friendly service. The food taste is mostly Tibetan style which is also closed to Chinese types. Price is not inexpensive, but you can taste a variety of food. that;s very good.

Beside, the staff is very helpful. No matter you need pack or share a dish, they help without any complaints.

But the vegetable here is almost cooked with sauce, just a little bit like soup, seldom dry.

食物的選擇可以很多樣,風格是藏式的,比較接近華人可以接受的口味。不論是湯,炒麵炒飯,momo都蠻好吃,容易接受的。但蔬菜類比較屬於湯湯水水的烹飪法,有時看不出所以然。

員工很友善,不論我們怎麼亂要求,都會盡量幫忙,沒有臭臉。

Delhi, Delhi, India
“Way better than the one in Delhi!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Located at the crossroads at Mcloedganj, Tibet Kitchen is one restaurant did want to have a meal at. I previously have eaten at their branch at Lajpat Nagar, Delhi. The food they serve and the price point at which they come is phenomenal. Ideal, if you have a spicy tooth for Chinese. Unlike other restaurants here they have a bigger seating space, nicer decor and better ambience. Try to eat the momos here. They are yum!

• Visited August 2013
“Best food in dharamsala!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had momos in many places but no comparison to momos here.. What special is they also serve great Bhutanese food 'sha kam datse with rice' soooooooo good!

1 Thank Tim19051989