“Nice View But Troublesome Hotel”

Hunted Hill Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dharamsala
Hunted Hill Guest House
Ranked #113 of 148 Dharamsala B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Hotel Have a wonderful ( Heavenly View ) from most of its Room, but the problem is the Resturant of this Hotel is Closed and they dont have Room-Service facility also, More of all as because the Hotel is situated almost at the end of the southern part of this hill station , so its bit problemtic to walk pretty Far to take a Dinner or lunch ( almost 1omins uphill walk). More of all the Hotel is deserted, so may be its not a good option for married couples or families. Good for Friend groups as well as unmarried couples as they have no restriction whoever comes in or having Hard drinks in the Hotel.
Hotel asks (offseason) Rs.350 for Luxury Room and Rs.500 for Executive Room but one should bargain it for Rs300 and Rs450 respectively (be carefull of taking some written documents of the rates fixed, as they dont give any Bill, and may ask more at the time of Check-out). One of the best View Hotels in a cheap rate./ But be ready to not get any room service, not even they clean rooms for the number of Days you stay in the Hotel

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hunted Hill Guest House

Reviewed January 27, 2009

I stayed at Hunted Hill for a week in Oct 2006 and absolutely loved it! The views were unbelievable and I de-stressed completely. Sharon was brilliant, lovely and fun, not sure if she's still there though. The wonderful guys in the kitchen were an absolute treat, and the food was outstanding! My room had fantastic views, and it was clean and tidy. Bit of a hill up to the main part of Dharamsala, but not crazy steep. The township itself was a little out there, but different is what you're after when you're travelling. Overall a truly lovely experience in Dharamsala.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Was not crazy about this place, and as a previous poster mentioned, it is definitely overpriced. Similar establishments were about 30-50% less. Don't forget your traveling sheets, as their beds have none (they do have blankets). No towel in the bathroom, either. Speaking of the bathromm, it had a HUGE spider dwelling it. HUGE! A giant black beetle was under my pillow when I first turned it over. There was a scorpion in the lobby. Bugs LOVE this place! What else? The hot water tank stopped working during my stay. Each night, I would arrive around 10pm, and would have to bang loudly on the outside door to get someone to unlock it (I was told 11pm was the curfew). One night, I spent a good 15 minutes waking up the neighborhood. The Indian owner (not Sharon,the Australian lady) finally came up from the basement. The owner checked me in, my first day, while puffing away on a cigarette. Not a big deal if you smoke, I guess. BTW, public smoking is now banned in India. Lastly, one rainy evening, I wanted to call a cab, but the front desk phone was not working. The upstairs restaurant called one (I think), but I waited over half an hour, and it never showed.

On the plus side, the valley side rooms have nice views. It is also away from all the noise and bustle at the center of town. A work out will indeed be had if staying at HHH, as it is at the bottom of a steep road. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2008

We stayed in one of the exec rooms for 880 rps inc tax. After we asked around this felt very expensive - generally other budget places had rooms for 300 to 500 even in high season.

Plus points - we had a big airy room with lots of light and fantastic 180 degree views of the valley and moutains, plus a really really good hot shower. The owner was really freindly.
There's a decent thai restaurant on the roof with lots of magazines and papers run by a very friendly Aussie woman.

Negative points - it's right at the bottom of a big hill so EVERY outing starts with a bit of a trek, and until you get used to it, it does feel like a long way into town, although to be fair, the whole of McLeod Ganj is on a ridiculously steep hill, so you're gonna hit hills whereever you fancy going.

Also, at the weekends, it fills with Indian families. Yash, the owner does try and put the western travellers (who like to sleep in) and the domestic tourists (families occupying several rooms, and lots of lively kids generally being lively kids and shrieking and laughing about) on seperate floors, but it did get noisy at weekends and we didn't get to lie in!

Overall, clean and great views, but a bit noisy and not the best location, and not the greatest value.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I stayed for a week at Hunted Hill Hotel in Dharamsala. I travelled with a friend and we had not planned to stay that long. But a few minutes after our arrival at Mcleod Ganj we sensed that this was a place to stay longer than anticipated. And our first and indeed last impression of Hunted Hill Hotel just made our decision very easy!!! The wiev from our rooms were magnificent - just stunning. And the service was incredible and every effort was made to make our stay perfect for us. We had lots of speciel interests and everything was taken care of by Sharon Thrupp - an australian that runs the hotel with great passion and a sparkling humouristic attitude to all challenges. Sharon is on top af that the owner of Ekno Experience - a compagny that can organize all sorts of trekkings, spiritual tours and much more. The staff at Hunted Hill are all extremily polite and very serviceminded. I can give Hunted Hill, the staff and indeed Sharon my best rating in accordiance to the hotels announced standard and price.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends