I LOVED the Gorilla Forest Camp! It is a luxury tented camp right in the middle of the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The tented rooms (8 of them) have big verandas, big en suite bathrooms, very comfortable beds. The bathtub is in a separate room with a big window overlooking the jungly garden, and illumination is provided by a candelabra with 6 or so candles. Very romantic! TONS of hot water.
Each room is assigned a room attendant, who takes care of your needs while you are there. Laundry is free, and we had tons of it.
Wifi is available in the main lodge, and is very good. The food was excellent and all of the staff was superb. So gracious and welcoming and friendly and WONDERFUL!
Every night there is a camp fire on the front lawn, and we at least had a musician come and play a local instrument. Lovely.
The lodge is about a 5 minute walk to a little "village" of shops. Interesting to visit to see the baskets, carvings, etc. for sale. Not too much bargaining, prices seemed reasonable and fairly fixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the only concessionaire luxury camp within Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is the perfect base from which to track the park's most famous resident - the mountain gorilla. The main area features a comfortable lounge and bar area as well as the main dining area while the mini spa offers a wide selection of treatments. Located within the National Park, Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp offers guests an unrivalled location, including the best bird and wildlife viewing in the Bwindi area. In fact Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp often receives regular visits from the gorillas themselves. For the lucky guests in camp at those times, they may have the chance for a gorilla encounter without even leaving Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp. The eight tents at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp are stylish and spacious, each featuring two queen sized beds. In addition to the comfortable warm beds, each tent has a huge bathtub that looks straight into the jungle canopy ideal for soaking tired muscles after a day spent observing and meeting gorillas. Observe rare forest species while soaking in the tub, followed by a cocktail on the private viewing deck served by your personal attendant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, South African Hotels and Booking.com so you can book your Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park