We were very fortunate to spend 3 nights in Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp this November. Jackson and his team made us feel right at home and were on call to assist us with any request or inquiry we had.The tented rooms were lovely and private, the food was delicious and the service as a whole was five star - we especially loved the strong Ugandan coffee or tea served every morning with our wake up call! We enjoyed the stunning location of the camp and all the activities provided, both going trekking with the gorillas and also doing the waterfall walk in the forest. After all the action, Precious rubbed all the aches away at the Mini Spa and gave us both a wonderful massage, with the sounds of the forest as background noise. Evenings were spent around the bonfire, with Warren that treated us to some local songs on his African harp. The cherry on the top was however when the gorillas troop joined us on our first morning for breakfast! I would recommend this camp to anyone and hope to go back there myself in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the only concessionaire luxury camp within Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is the perfect base from which to track the park's most famous resident - the mountain gorilla. The main area features a comfortable lounge and bar area as well as the main dining area while the mini spa offers a wide selection of treatments. Located within the National Park, Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp offers guests an unrivalled location, including the best bird and wildlife viewing in the Bwindi area. In fact Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp often receives regular visits from the gorillas themselves. For the lucky guests in camp at those times, they may have the chance for a gorilla encounter without even leaving Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp. The eight tents at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp are stylish and spacious, each featuring two queen sized beds. In addition to the comfortable warm beds, each tent has a huge bathtub that looks straight into the jungle canopy ideal for soaking tired muscles after a day spent observing and meeting gorillas. Observe rare forest species while soaking in the tub, followed by a cocktail on the private viewing deck served by your personal attendant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, South African Hotels and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park