“Gorilla Forest Camp”

Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My favorite lodge out of all the loges in Bwindi National Park. Warm welcome from the manager. The rooms are large, bath tub is in a amazing setting where you can enjoy the view of the forest. Excellent customer service. I have stayed at this lodge about 5 times now. I was luck to see the Gorilla and L'hoest monkey pass by the lodge. I plan to visit again to this loge for more experience and to see friendly employee again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Of all the lodging I stayed in during my recent Uganda trip the Gorilla Forest Camp was by far and away the best managed. The tents feature large bedrooms, a shower with very hot water and a separate bath. There are room attendants assigned to each tent to take care of your laundry, bring you a wake up cup of tea, etc. Moses did a great job. The food is delicious and well presented. Jackson, the local manager,, and his staff are terrific. The views from GFC are spectacular. The camp is located within walking distance of the gorilla tracking starting point. It can get very cold here at night so bring some warm clothes. The gorilla viewing was fantastic. The tour of the nearby village was also very interesting.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank packedandready2go
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I visited Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for the first time and i had the chance to stay at Sanctuary Gorilla forest camp, the lodge was so magical, we were given the warmest welcome by Ian, the general manager, the rooms were cozy and warm with beautiful decor, the bathrooms had beautiful stone work and they had warm water running... we where served scrumptious mouth watering meals....at the end of the trip it was tearing good byes...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bluey256
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I had an opportunity to stay at the Gorilla Forest Camp in Biwindi, Uganda. We had a fantastic time. Ian, the General Manager is fabulous. He took the time to get to know us and was very helpful. The service and staff was wonderful. Everyone was so nice and helpful. All with a smile. It is a beautiful site, the cottages were spectacular and the best place to spend a little time after your trek is at the main lodge. Have a couple of beverages and simply enjoy the view. We had a wonderful gorilla trek in Uganda, and the Gorilla Forest Camp made the experience even better!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I recently stayed at Gorilla Forest Camp with my family. We were in the area to track the mountain gorillas, which we did successfully! The lodge was absolutely perfect. The rooms are charming and spacious, the bathrooms spacious as well. Always hot water for the showers and they offered very nice toiletries. Our boots (absolutely muddy from our excursions) were returned to us each evening perfectly clean. I believe my boots were returned to me in better shape than I brought them! The food quality and choices were excellent. There are always choices. Breakfast is buffet style but they will create an egg dish or specialty item upon your request. We were in the perfect location to be poised for our morning gorilla trek. We were within the park's boundary and we were a five minute walk from the local gift shops. If this lodge is booked, I would recommend the neighboring Mahogany Springs Lodge, which is equal in quality to Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp. I travel extensively and am in the travel profession and I have absolutely no complaints about this camp.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SafariSnob
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was our first trip to Africa. Ian, the manager, was wonderful and helped us out greatly when a missed flight threatened to ruin our trip. Breakfast was average but lunch and dinner was the best we had in Africa including the other sanctuary camps. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Ludovich and Rogers were great as was the enire staff.

This was the highlight of our family trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marilyn Y
Reviewed June 18, 2012

An absolutely beautiful site! The lodge was more luxurious than expected. Bathroom,shower,bed all excellent. The staff was as fine a staff as I've ever seen. Delightful,personable and eager to help in any way possible. The hot water bottle in the bed was a nice touch. Daily laundry service was terrific and made traveling a breeze. Not much required as far as wardrobe needed and clothes washed daily. Ian (GM)was just perfect! He goes out of his way to please every guest and makes you feel very welcome. Jackson was the chef and also delightful company. I might agree it's not the finest cuisine but much more than satisfactory. I can't say enough about the people. The friendliest to be found anywhere on the globe! I would suggest to anyone not up for a rigorous hike to request the gorilla family that resides by the lodge. But...if you find yourself hiking for hours up and down the hills you will find the greatest satisfaction at the end of the day. Just a great trip and every last detail was attended to.

Room Tip: Flycatcher was close to everywhere. Good location.