“3 day gorilla trek” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gorillas and Wildlife Safaris - Day Tours

Gorillas and Wildlife Safaris - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Gorillas and Wildlife Safaris Ltd, a member of the Association of Uganda Tour Operators, is one of the few accredited Tour Operator by the Uganda Ministry of Trade and Tourism. We have been in operation since 2005. We delight in providing the most affordable luxury, mid-range and low budget safaris & tour packages to individuals and small groups/ families without any discrimination. Our major purpose is that as many as possible will visit and enjoy the unique beauty of Uganda and Rwanda with a professional and knowledgeable tour guide, through a fast, honest and professional booking service, at the best affordable price possible. We emphasize giving plenty of quality relevant information about Uganda and Rwanda both before and after the tour. Although we delight in earning a profit from our our work, this is not our main driver. We will be most glad when at the end of your visit you feel you want to stay longer than planned and we will be very sad when for any reason (both our own or other factors' making), you fail to make it for your safari in Uganda and Rwanda. So, talk to us today! We will most likely be of more help than you expect - be it gorilla tracking safaris, Rwanda wildlife and game viewing safaris, chimpanzee tracking, and bird-watching packaged tours, culture, white-water rafting, mountain climbing, name it.
Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“3 day gorilla trek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had an amazing 3 day gorilla trek to Bwindi thanks to the services of Gorilla and Wildlife Safaris. Ivan was always amazingly quick to answer emails and this reassured us that we would get a good service come the time. The gorilla permits were sorted quickly and again good communication when we sent the money transfers.

Our driver Wilson was excellent. Despite the bumpy roads, he was a very safe driver and at no point did we feel unsafe. The bus was really comfy and the 12hr journey passed quickly. Wilson was happy to stop for us to take photos and would point out passing game as we travelled.

The gorilla trek itself was an amazing experience. We only had to trek for about an hour to find them, so we had the afternoon free to chill out. The hour with the gorillas passed in a flash, but we have lots of photos and videos to keep the trip fresh in our minds.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Poundhappy

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“SPECTACULAR UGANDAN SAFARI - GORILLAS, CHIMPS, LIONS - Oct/Nov 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This trip far exceeded my expectations. Everything was done with utmost professionalism, and to my precise (and fairly unusual) specifications. With Ivan Wassaaka's help, I was able to design a special trip to maximise the viewing of wildlife: 2 days gorilla tracking, 2 days chimpanzee tracking, 2 days tree-climbing lion tracking, 2 days in Queen Elizabeth, and one day Golden Monkey tracking. Seeing the gorillas and chimpanzees close up was incredibly moving, and an experience I will never forget. My driver, Wilson Bisaso, was incredibly helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, flexible, and his eyes could spot animals from miles away! He was truly indispensable, and it was him who suggested I 'upgrade' one chimp tracking to Chimpanzee Habituation Experience (12 hours!), and also to extend my trip by one day in order to visit Murchison Falls Park and the rhinos.
All in all, this was the MOST AMAZING TRIP! Travelling by road (while often bumpy) was also a good way to go: it enabled me to see so much of Uganda's beautiful land, and also to get a sense of Uganda's beautiful people! I'm normally not very keen on spending hours in a car, but this time passed wonderfully and brought me much joy.
I would highly recommend Ivan Wassaaka, Wilson Bisaso, and Gorillas and Wildlife Safaris! VISIT UGANDA and its beautiful creatures, land and people!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank 13callisto
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I booked with gorilla and wildlife safaris after finding them online when looking for a budget gorilla trek in Uganda. My expectations were not very high as they were by far the cheapest operator I found on line charging $1200 for a 3 day gorilla trip including my $500 gorilla permit, transport from Kampala to Bwindi, accommodation and all food.
They were great! They picked me up at exactly the time and place they specified. As a woman travelling alone I felt really safe with them. My driver Sula was great, and the price was really good considering I was the only person in the minibus- other companies have minimum numbers before they will run the trip. The journey across Uganda was long and the road up to the rainforest was something else but Sula's driving skills were really good.
I stayed at the Gorilla friends camp which was clean and comfy but basic. There was hot running water but only electricity for a couple of hours in the evening for charging phones etc. The food was fine but there wasn't always a choice! My only grumble is that there wasn't a padlock for my fixed tent. I just left my stuff when I went to see the gorillas and it was fine, but again as a woman travelling alone it would have been nice to feel a little more secure in the tent. The loo was about 20 yards away and I had forgotten to bring a torch which made getting up in the night tricky! The company also do moderate and luxury accommodation options- I had opted for basic accommodation and it was pretty much what I expected.The camp was really near the meeting place for the gorilla trek (about a mile) which was great as other groups on our trek had had to get up at 5 in the morning to make the journey to the meeting place.
The gorilla tracking day was amazing. We saw a family of 10 gorillas from about 7-8 metres away. I'd urge anyone who is considering the trip to do it as it really was fantastic. We walked for only about 30-40 minutes to get to the gorillas but the terrian was quite steep.
I'd recommend gorilla and wildlife safaris to anyone who is looking for a reliable and good value for money operator without any hesitation.

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

6 Thank Ferniehurst
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 days gorilla tracking safari in Rwanda & Uganda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Safari business in Uganda is not as popular as it is in Kenya and Tanzania, yet, so it is more hard to find a reputable safari company in Uganda, because there are hundreds of companies in AUTO web site and there are almost no comment for most of them in internet, and even some of companies, they do not have web site. I collected several enquires, before deciding upon our gorilla safari and there I met with Gorillas and Wildlife Safaris. Ivan was very helpful while we were exchanging emails, he helped us to shape our tour, we agreed upon a three days gorilla tracking tour, starting from Kigali airport with Kigali tour included. The price was also very compatible. Our driver Paul was so polite and nice, and his driving skill was perfect even in the crazy roads of Uganda. Uganda part of our journey was the one which I had most question marks at the beginning, because of limited info about the country and tour agency I chose, but Gorillas and Wildlife Safaris made our day and our journey started with a nice and organized tour, thanks to Ivan and Paul.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Husesin K
Mollymook, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorillas In The Mist, A Dream Fulfilled”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Seeking a reliable local Ugandan guide via Google led us to Billy Ssali at www.vacation-safaris.com in Kampala. My wife and I, seasoned travellers, had a great 7 day visit from our Entebe Airport pick up to our departure driving together in his 4WD with the highlight (just) being the Biwindi Impenetrable National Park and the wonderful gorilla family we visited there. For us Billy was great value and totally trustworthy. Our Gorillas In The Mist experience, and all that went with it over those 7 days, fulfilled our dream.

Visited September 2013