In November 2020, we travelled Uganda as a couple in a 4*4 Jeep.
Considering the difficult time we are all in, we were especially happy about the level of service we experienced. If you have a negative COVID-19 test beforehand, you can travel Uganda with no problem. During our travel we felt very safe: all staff wore masks, if you enter buildings (Lodges, Banks etc.) or parks you have to sanitize your hands and your temperature will be taken. All in all, we felt safer than in Europe - as everybody was very considerate about our health.
But let`s talk about the experience:
- We travelled the north (Kidepo national park) which we highly recommend. The amount of animals (mammals, birds) is spectacular
- Furthermore we did Murchinsons, Queen Elizabeth (incl. Ishasha sector), chimpanzee habituation experience and Nkuringo- where we tracked Gorillas in the Rushaga sector
- This trip was unforgettable. Our guide made sure we enjoyed it to the fullest. He was very professional and could answer all our questions about animals, history and the country
- As tourism is low at the moment, we were even more spoiled by all staff in all lodges, which made our experience even more special
We highly recommend to travel Uganda now, as it is one of the most amazing experiences you can have in your travel life.
About Nkuringo tours:
- From the booking (where we could give our inputs and wishes), to the payment, the guide during the trip to the COVID test to the end, we experienced a highly professional service
- We want to acknowledge especially, that if problems arised, they solved them in a professional and efficent manner. For example, we had a car break down (due to the rainy season some roads were very bad). We still arrived in our lodge that day in the evening and were able to proceed with a new car the next day. We didn`t experience any negative impact to our travel, even if this could have been a major issue
- All in all, we highly recommend to work with Nkuringo Walking Safaris to experience this beautiful country the fullest