“Nkuringo Walking Safaris - no better way to experience the beauty and wilderness of Uganda!”

Nkuringo Walking Safaris
Book In Advance
More Info
$3,994.00*
and up
5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Nkuringo Walking Safaris was established in 2007 as sustainable tourism initiative to develop a team of local guides with the premise of establishing a simply gorgeous multiday trek between the hamlet of Buhoma on the north side of the Bwindi Forest National Park and the town of Kisoro in South Western Uganda. Nkuringo Walking Safaris is a fully registered member of the Association of Uganda Tour Operators – AUTO; a one stop shop with Entebbe home / office base with our own fleet of 4x4 safari Land cruiser vehicles to support our safari programs. As a tour operator we are certainly more flexible than most and ready to work in partnership to deliver a fully tailor-made proposal for you. Why Nkuringo Walking Safaris Our team Our team consists of passionate Travel Consultants that will share both your enthusiasm for travel and lust for adventure. Because of their own extensive experience in the destinations that we offer, they will assist you in making your safari and travel experience an unforgettable event. Social Responsibility Nkuringo Walking Safaris works in partnership with the Nkuringo Youth initiative Foundation to bring about sustainable development in the communities through local skills development The company operates tours in Uganda and Rwanda. Our ranges of services include; Tailor made Safaris, Adventure travel, Biking Safaris, Walking Safaris and Luxury safaris.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had only intended to pay Uganda a quick three-day visit to see the renowned mountain gorillas at Bwindi. As it would turn out, my 'brief' visit turned into a 10 day adventure of a lifetime, courtesy of Robert from Nkuringo Walking Safaris.

I first contacted Robert to obtain a quote for the tour (based on numerous positive reviews on TripAdvisor), and this turned out to be the beginning of a 20+ email (and phone!) correspondence over many months in which Robert spent an amazing amount of time and effort tailoring an itinerary to suit my interests, budget and timeframe. Robert has an expansive wealth of knowledge on Uganda, and handpicked some amazing accommodation for me throughout the country as well as arranging everything from airport transfers, transport and permits which admittedly made things much easier. He also quickly picked up on my interest in primates and walking, and subsequently recommended the full day (11.5hrs!) chimpanzee habituation tracking in Kibale NP as well as the golden monkey tracking in Mgahinga NP - both of which are relatively less well-known activities but absolutely stunning in their own rights (especially the trek in search of the endangered and beautiful golden monkeys amidst a bamboo forest 2000m+ above sea level).

My guide Adolf, accompanied me throughout all my walks: around the hilly community of Nkuringo, on the forest trails of Bwindi NP and across lovely Lake Mutanda via canoe then through the local village towards Kisoro. Adolf's specialty was birds, and through him, I was instilled with a newfound love for East African birds as he taught me to recognise and also identify the calls of local birds (or at least some of them!)

For me, the highlight of Uganda came within Bwindi NP. I trekked the gorillas from the Nkuringo group, and whilst it was a (ridiculously) tough steep climb down to them (even with the assistance of porters carrying my backpack), all that was forgotten once we entered the beautiful lush rainforest of Bwindi and found these gentle giants in their natural habitat, eating and playing and walking around us. We watched as the infants played tag with each other around a bush, and one even curiously came up and tugged on the pants of a member of our group before being shooed away by the guide. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to witness this snapshot of their lives, and it is a memory that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Overall, I was immensely impressed with the efficiency, professionalism and warmth of the staff at Nkuringo Gorilla Camp. My thanks go to Robert, Lydia, Adolf, my driver Moses and the rest of the team for an experience of a lifetime. I would recommend you guys to anyone in a heartbeat and hope to be back soon one day!

2 Thank nalia81

Providence, Rhode Island
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Authentic Gorilla Trek Experience”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband, in laws, and I spent two nights at the Nkuringo Gorilla Camp. It was a fantastic experience from start to finish. Although we stayed in one of the rooms that did not have a bathroom, (they are shared) the facilities were impeccable. The meals were served family style, enabling you to get to know the other guests. Another great surprise, they pack your lunch for your gorilla trek and for the ride home. It takes quite a while to climb the mountain to reach the camp site, but the ride is well worth it.

2 Thank lasanford
kampala
“Attraction”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

It was not the best of best experiences but at the end of it it was worth my time and money. Thanks to the team i was with who even made the experience better.

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Experience Ever”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Having recently gone to Uganda to hike thru South West Uganda culminating in a Gorilla Trek, I have to say there is no better group to plan your trip with than Nkuringo Walking Safari's. From booking to the final minute we were treated like precious packages!

Ultimately professional and well trained the guides were fun, informative and patient, accomodations were comfortable and clean, and the food was great.

There is so much to do in Uganda and we could have spent another week with Nkuringo to fit it all in, so ask their advice upfront on what they recommend.

This was a worldclass experience, run by a worldclass tour company.

1 Thank Debbie C
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gorilla trekking - absolutely fantastic!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We spent a week in Uganda travelling around but the highlight was the gorilla trekking in the Impenetrable Forest. Stunning scenery and when you finally come across the gorillas in their wild habitat it was amazing. The trek was about two hours into the forest and in places it was quite tough going (I'm a pretty average middle-aged guy when it comes to fitness and although it was tough it was definitely doable!). The whole trip was organised by Msafiri and I'd thoroughly recommend them. They looked after us all the way and it really was a fantastic holiday.

Visited June 2012