Mahogany Springs
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
See available hotels
Silverback Lodge(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
View Hotel
Gorilla Safari Lodge(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
  • Breakfast included
Savannah Resort Hotel(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewspresidential suitegorilla trekmain buildingtwo nightsdietary requirementsshort drivebwindi impenetrable forestboot cleaningfood was fantasticthe cottagesperfect basethe general manageran amazing jobpassion fruitbeautiful settinglocal shopsspecial place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have only good things to stay about this place. It was the clear favorite of our accommodations in Uganda & we chose high-end places for our entire trip. We spent nearly all day on the (oftentimes really bad!) road driving from Kigali, Rwanda to Mahogany Springs & were immediately met with some cool, delicious drinks, given a tour & briefing & were shown to our cabin. The room was very stylish, spacious & most importantly - comfortable. We stayed two nights. Because we arrived there late on the first day, had a really long gorilla trek the next day & left early the following day for QENP, I really wish we had one more day there!

The grounds of the lodge were beautifully maintained. Lots of lush foliage, colorful flowers, a path down to the river (about 2 minutes walk from our cabin) to sit & take in the sights & sounds. The main building was a great place to sit & unwind for drinks & had views of the forest. The gorillas (I think R group) had visited the property 2 days prior to us being there - sooo sad to have missed that! How incredible would that have been?? The lodge also had 3 cats (I forget their names, except for William, who was hilarious & would climb into our laps when invited!) which we loved watching cavort around the place!

Every single staff person we came into contact with was great & so personable, always offering kind words & plenty of smiles. I want to give a special thanks to Moses, who was especially sweet & went above & beyond. My husband went to reception to ask if they could change large UGX bills into smaller denominations so we could leave tips, buy souvenirs etc. & he volunteered to drive into town & change it for us. Totally unexpected & totally appreciated! Also, the staff cleaned our hiking boots after the trek, which was great, b/c our boots got so muddy during the gorilla trek!

And the food - amazing! Every meal was unbelievably delicious (from soup/salad starter down to the desserts) & there were vegetarian options at each meals. Perfect portion sizes, too - not too small & not too large. The lodge packed lunches for us for the gorilla trek & on the day we left to eat during the long drive to QENP.

We fell in love with Uganda during our first visit to the country & fell in love with Mahogany Springs & would highly recommend to anyone! Comfort & luxury in the middle of the forest! But don't just take our word for it...go & see & experience for yourselves! : )

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TX_Longhorn99
Reviewed May 15, 2013

From arrival to departure, the atmosphere at Mahogany Springs is so inviting and relaxing. The views of the hills across the river are so nice. I spent the whole day just relaxing here the day after the gorilla trek. The food was delicious, transportation spot on the staff was incredibly helpful but not intrusive. I'll always remember my terrific stay here.

Room Tip: George has amazing views across the river.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank wehomarc
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at Mahogany Springs for two nights and what wonderful nights they were! The lodge itself is gorgeous with high vaulted ceilings and walls of windows to let you look out onto the steep mountains of the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The staff were excellent, food was delicious, and the 3 Williams (resident cats) made us feel right at home.
Our room was spacious and clean, and the turndown service with hot water bottles in bed made the chills of the night disappear.
The best part of our stay was the visit from the Gorillas right on the lodge grounds, not once, but twice while we were there! It was wonderful to see them so close, but they sure did some major destruction to the gardens in a very short time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our three days and nights at Mahogoney Springs was truly memorable. Greeted by a refreshing drink and a welcoming staff was just the beginning of what was to be a 5 star stay in East Africa. Having been in Africa for three months my expectations were low and so finding such a paradise was a dream come true. How the owners found their Chef I will never know. The food was sensational even to us well traveled visitors. Rooms are great with great views and there is always someone there to make sure you have what you need. My hat is off to Mahogoney Springs for making our Gorilla tracking adventure that much more comfortable and enjoyable after a very long journey.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at Mahogany Springs for 3 nights in late February in order to see the mountain gorillas. I had a wonderful experience and cant recommend it highly enough. The staff were fantastic and the service and food excellent. The lodge is located in a picturesque valley with great views and is only 5 minutes drive from the park entrance. My room was spacious and spotlessly clean, with plenty of hot water (a god send after a hard days trekking). I particularly appreciated the small touches that made my stay memorable... hot water bottles warming the bed, a tasty packed lunch for the trek and the cool towels after a dusty drive. All in all it was the best lodge I stayed at whilst traveling round Eastern Africa.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo