When we (my wife and myself) planned our travel to Uganda, the only prearranged things were the permits for gorilla tracking, namely the Nshongi family. Day by day we planned our next stay, but in the case of gorillas, we wanted to be on time at briefing. That’s why we searched for the nearest possible stay. We excluded accommodation in Kisoro, where we had to get up at 5AM, or nearby lodge, so the only possibility became the Nshongi camp, which turned out to be one of the best places we stayed in Uganda. We arranged the booking one day before in 10 minutes time through their website http://nshongicamp.altervista.org. Here are few impressions we want to share with you:
• Cleverly wedged camp into the impenetrable forest, not disturbing the surroundings in any way
• Helpful and friendly staff
• Fresh food (three-course dinner!)
• Practical and spacious bandas
• But mainly: 7.5 minutes walk to the gate where the tracking of Nshongi family begins
We spent a memorable afternoon in the beautiful natural scenery.
ACCOMMODATION AT NSHONGHI CAMP is the most reasonable SOLUTION FOR INDEPENDENT TRAVELLERS when tracking for the Nshogni gorilla family.
- Also Known As:
- Nshongi Camp Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park