I was introduced to this safari lodge by a friend since there are not so many luxury lodges in the Ruhija area and I got a good deal from the safari lodge manager, and this was affordable for three of us including our tour leader. The books were well handled by Moses, and all emails were replied in time.
We reached at 4pm after enduring the hard battle road in our Land Rover but when we reached the area, all the fatigue of the road was long forgotten as we were warmly welcomed. Rested a bit in the lounge and were shown to our Deluxe rooms which over look Bwindi impenetrable forest at a height of 2400meters above sea level. I must say I got more that I expected...thanks to all of you guys at Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge.
The food is great...four courses of very nice meals, yes the chef is good definitely.
The bedding linen is soft and mattresses were soft and comfortable for one going gorilla trekking the next day. There is a fireplace in the dining area where you can chill and relax as you take in a glass of wine or bottle of beer, or whatever you choose from their huge selection of drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
We woke up for our breakfast...the orders are taken with precision even if at one point they forgot my grilled tomato...but were quick to bring it. The staff pay attention to detail and are well trained, polite and knowledgeable about the place. They even offered to take us for a walk around the villages for free, something many lodges here emphasize to be paid for first.
The packed lunch was great, with the grilled chicken, sandwiches, banana, fruit juice and eggs.What more would one want for a packed lunch...:-)
We enjoyed our stay here for two nights in February 2014 and will definitely be back sometime soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ruhija Gorilla Lodge Bwindi is a unique safari lodge suitable for all classes of travelers; it welcomes you with breath taking scenery of the forest, peace and tranquility – a home away from home, enjoy the melodies of insects and birds, surprise visits of monkeys or even gorillas.Come and experience the Hospitality that is immersed in an entirely new and Refreshing natural ambiance which will make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one!Accommodation:We have three types of rooms all unique from each other: the deluxe cabins, the Superior cabins and standard rooms, they are all carefully designed to blend in with the Natural environment around. All cabins are well equipped with comfortable beds and Furniture that is designed to maximize your comfort. The bath rooms are fitted in with hot and Cold water…Every detail has been taken care of to give you the comfort you deserve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ruhija Gorilla Safari Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park