While very hard to get to, the experience is worth the journey. We happened to be the only guests at the lodge for our three day stay, and as you might imagine the service we received was spectacular. Felix, Christine, and Friday served us extraordinarily well; the food was excellent, especially considering the logistical challenges of supplying the lodge. It was wonderful to have fresh salad and vegetables from their own garden. And, the experience while luxurious and personal, is not fake Africa where you are insulated from nearby reality. We had excellent gorilla trekking, but be prepared for a hard hike. We also enjoyed the Batwa walk. It is in the clouds which adds to the magic of the place. The lodge is a wonderful partnership with the local people. Our highest recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CLOUDS MOUNTAIN GORILLA LODGE Where: Southern Bwindi, Western Uganda Access from Entebbe: Scheduled or charter flight (1.5 Hrs) | drive (11 hrs) Tucked away in Nkuringo, Clouds has immediate access to track 6 gorilla families, and perfect, uninterrupted views of the Virunga Volcanoes. Guests stay in cottages built of volcanic stone, with big sitting rooms, double-sided fireplaces, vast overstuffed armchairs, large bathrooms and private verandas. Personal butlers, delicious food from our organic vegetable garden, a massage spa and infinite attention-to-detail complete your stay. Rates include all meals, non premium brand drinks, butler service and laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park