Just breathtaking views, service and rooms. Although I have to say calling the accommodation a suite is a huge understatement. You could entertain there in style!
To wake up in the morning at an altitude of over 1500m surrounded by lush vegetation and look across to the hills of the Democratic Republic of Congo is just an experience we will never forget.
This, combined with having the honour of watching gorillas, was just breathtaking. My one piece of advice would be to put the camera away for a while and just let your mind take in where you are and what you can see.
Thank you Clouds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CLOUDS MOUNTAIN GORILLA LODGE Where: Southern Bwindi, Western Uganda Access from Entebbe: Scheduled or charter flight (1.5 Hrs) | drive (11 hrs) Tucked away in Nkuringo, Clouds has immediate access to track 6 gorilla families, and perfect, uninterrupted views of the Virunga Volcanoes. Guests stay in cottages built of volcanic stone, with big sitting rooms, double-sided fireplaces, vast overstuffed armchairs, large bathrooms and private verandas. Personal butlers, delicious food from our organic vegetable garden, a massage spa and infinite attention-to-detail complete your stay. Rates include all meals, non premium brand drinks, butler service and laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park