It is indeed surprising to see that someone can have a bad experience here but probably anything can possibly turn wrong one way or another.
As far as we are concerned, our 2 nights here (for 1 gorilla tracking) revealed just perfect and this very new lodge (4 years old if I remember well) was our favorite in Uganda (even with "Gorilla Forest Camp"). The view from the main area is stunning and really different from the ones you can get in the northern part of Bwindi area and you can even see the volcanoes in Rwanda and DRC.
The cottages are wonderful with the large bathrooms, large beds and the nice wood stove. The big plus is the dedicated butler who for us was the fantastic Innocent taking extremely great care of us!
On the minus side, I can mention 3 minor things only:
1)During the day you might end up with no more hot water since the water is heated in a balloon and that the camp being ecofriendly does not use any generator before 6PM.
2)Stairs made out of little stones are a bit dangerous and probably too steep especially at night.
3)It is a bit far (1 hours on bumpy roads but beautiful landscapes though) from the place where you have to meet with UWA for the gorilla tracking (which can also be far from the actual place where the gorilla tracking starts). But since gorilla tracking is such an exciting moment, this is not really a matter of big importance at the end.
All in all if you like or can splurge in lodges close to nature, this place is for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CLOUDS MOUNTAIN GORILLA LODGE Where: Southern Bwindi, Western Uganda Access from Entebbe: Scheduled or charter flight (1.5 Hrs) | drive (11 hrs) Tucked away in Nkuringo, Clouds has immediate access to track 6 gorilla families, and perfect, uninterrupted views of the Virunga Volcanoes. Guests stay in cottages built of volcanic stone, with big sitting rooms, double-sided fireplaces, vast overstuffed armchairs, large bathrooms and private verandas. Personal butlers, delicious food from our organic vegetable garden, a massage spa and infinite attention-to-detail complete your stay. Rates include all meals, non premium brand drinks, butler service and laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park