This is an excellent base for the sometimes strenuous activity of trekking the wonderful mountain gorillas. Clouds is not cheap but then it is thought to be the best accomodation in Bwindi and if you are going that far and can afford why settle for less.
As part of the deal, we were met by our butler - Innocent at the little airstrip which is about a one hour drive (in an excellent vehicle and very good driver) from the hotel but even the drive is a fantastic experience as you pass through little villages and see people going about their lives. From the moment we arrived we felt safe, secure and were extremely well looked after. All the arrangements were made by Innocent for our gorilla trekking and we spent 3 consecutive days trekking 3 different gorilla groups. What a fantastic experience! The Clouds team could not have been more helpful or friendly and Maria looked after our cottage beautifully.
Uganda is a wonderful country full of very friendly people and everyone connected with Clouds does the country a great service.
The whole Clouds experience offers an attentive but discreet type of service, the cottages provided are very comfortable, spacious and clean with a beatuiful fire lit for the cooler mountain evenings. The food was exceptionally good and although we found out that the main chef was on holiday his deputy produced some exceptional cooking.
I waited over 30 years to go gorilla trekking having first seen the David Attenborough film in the 1970's, although there are only about 700 of these wonderful creatures left if seeing these incredible primates in their prestine, natural habitat is your idea of a travel experience then book now. Go to Bwindi and stay at Clouds - you will remember the experience for the rest of your life!
We are definitely planning to go back very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CLOUDS MOUNTAIN GORILLA LODGE Where: Southern Bwindi, Western Uganda Access from Entebbe: Scheduled or charter flight (1.5 Hrs) | drive (11 hrs) Tucked away in Nkuringo, Clouds has immediate access to track 6 gorilla families, and perfect, uninterrupted views of the Virunga Volcanoes. Guests stay in cottages built of volcanic stone, with big sitting rooms, double-sided fireplaces, vast overstuffed armchairs, large bathrooms and private verandas. Personal butlers, delicious food from our organic vegetable garden, a massage spa and infinite attention-to-detail complete your stay. Rates include all meals, non premium brand drinks, butler service and laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park