Not the easiest drive to get there, even though all we were doing was enjoying the scenery out the windows of our four wheel drive, while our driver guide navigated through the rough terrain.
Once we got there however, it seemed all worthwhile. Celestial setting in the clouds, with your own private butler and housekeeper, and walking distance into the Impenetrable Forest! One of the chefs even managed to serve us cuisine better than most restaurants in the US that are not Michelin starred! It did also ameliorate somewhat our guilt of pleasure, to learn that the lodge was built with American generosity, run by UK hospitality group, and with percentage of revenue dedicated towards helping under-privileged local communities of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CLOUDS MOUNTAIN GORILLA LODGE Where: Southern Bwindi, Western Uganda Access from Entebbe: Scheduled or charter flight (1.5 Hrs) | drive (11 hrs) Tucked away in Nkuringo, Clouds has immediate access to track 6 gorilla families, and perfect, uninterrupted views of the Virunga Volcanoes. Guests stay in cottages built of volcanic stone, with big sitting rooms, double-sided fireplaces, vast overstuffed armchairs, large bathrooms and private verandas. Personal butlers, delicious food from our organic vegetable garden, a massage spa and infinite attention-to-detail complete your stay. Rates include all meals, non premium brand drinks, butler service and laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park