We have just returned from a trip to Uganda. One of our stops was at the Nkuringo Campsite (for those looking for further information, we've posted a review on our full trip here: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g319722-i10042-k1994933-l13856105-Trekking_from_Buhoma_to_Nkuringo_and_onto_Kisoro-Bwindi_Impenetrable_National_Park.html)
Overall the Campsite was just fantastic. It has everything you could want:
-A totally outgoing, helpful team, knowledgeable on all topics you'd anticipate (nature, conservation, culture, etc. etc.)
-Out-of-this-world views - the photos posted by the first reviewer are 100% what you should expect!
-Simple, no-nonsense rooms as you'd expect on a budget - but specklessly clean, and with hot water available
-Great food (if you're lucky with timing you may even get Swiss cheeses and meats imported by Robert, the owner!)
-A friendly local community (with whom you can knock around a football if you feel like it - don't expect to win though)
Overall a perfect place to stay on the top of Uganda, either for a night or several days to take in the rhythm of life there. Now that I'm back in "civilisation" I often think of coming back to the Campsite for a week or much, much longer...
Alexander & Marie
PS: we already said this in our other review, but we suggest getting in touch with the owner, Robert, directly for anything in Uganda - even for suggestions on your full trip there. He's the best thing that happened to us on this trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge is situated on the South of Bwindi National Park with stunning views over Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, the magnificent Virunga Volcanoes and the Great Albertine Rift Valley. There are 12 individually hand-crafted cottages, each offering the tranquillity of the rainforest, the atmosphere of a mountain chalet and the warm hospitality Ugandans are known for. Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge prides itself on its green credentials and through its various initiatives including solar energy and rainwater harvesting proudly operates as a carbon neutral lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Jovago.com, Priceline, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park