This is the perfect place to stay for gorilla trekking. The road in is horrible, but if you want to gorilla trek you're going to have to survive it. But once you get to camp, the Nkuringo trekking is literally 300m away. The camp itself is perfectly atmospheric with views south to Sabinyo and friends volcanos as well as into Bwindi. We stayed in a room with shared showers which was wonderful. Inside the shower is all wood and makes it smell like you're showering in a warm summer rain! There's even a bonfire in the evening to meet other travellers before dinner time. Meals at the camp were included with our stay and were the best we'd had in Uganda, including a massive packed lunch for when we went trekking.
In short, this place was perfect. I can't wait to go back to hike Sabinyo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge is situated on the South of Bwindi National Park with stunning views over Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, the magnificent Virunga Volcanoes and the Great Albertine Rift Valley. There are 12 individually hand-crafted cottages, each offering the tranquillity of the rainforest, the atmosphere of a mountain chalet and the warm hospitality Ugandans are known for. Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge prides itself on its green credentials and through its various initiatives including solar energy and rainwater harvesting proudly operates as a carbon neutral lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Jovago.com, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park