Just returned home from a great experience with Nkuringo, they for sure know how to make your stay the best possible and is from the driver that takes your there, to the chef (who makes amazing food), to the guides who knows everything about the area.
The best part is that it´s also very eco friendly, they are also very close to the Gorilla HQ, so you can walk down to the start of your Gorilla Treeking.
I can recommend this place highly, not only for the Gorilla Trek but also for arranging the rest of your trip around Uganda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge is situated on the South of Bwindi National Park with stunning views over Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, the magnificent Virunga Volcanoes and the Great Albertine Rift Valley. There are 12 individually hand-crafted cottages, each offering the tranquillity of the rainforest, the atmosphere of a mountain chalet and the warm hospitality Ugandans are known for. Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge prides itself on its green credentials and through its various initiatives including solar energy and rainwater harvesting proudly operates as a carbon neutral lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Jovago.com and Agoda so you can book your Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park