This is a great place to stay if you want good conversation, awesome food (smoked honey was my favourite as well as hot soup just like mamma makes). The gorillas were great too but then that's what you go to see. Everest the guide is perhaps the keenest birder ever to tread upon the hallowed earth and even tests you on what you have seen...or nearly seen. The volcanic panarama veiled now and again by mists and the rwenzori appearing on rare occasions make it a pretty magical place. Rob is very cool and always trying to help out. My flip flop even got fixed and that helped me walk again...not in the miracle way but you get my drift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge is situated on the South of Bwindi National Park with stunning views over Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, the magnificent Virunga Volcanoes and the Great Albertine Rift Valley. There are 12 individually hand-crafted cottages, each offering the tranquillity of the rainforest, the atmosphere of a mountain chalet and the warm hospitality Ugandans are known for. Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge prides itself on its green credentials and through its various initiatives including solar energy and rainwater harvesting proudly operates as a carbon neutral lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Jovago.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park