You have to want to get to Bwindi. We arrived from Rwanda, with challenges at the border, causing delay, but we finally got to Bwindi. Interesting tented camp is Buhoma. We enjoyed our 2 nights there. Lots of rain and we were soaked following our trek. Loved the tent. The staff was helpful. This is a rugged area, so be prepared. Our trek included an hour of driving to a spot. Then two hours of hiking to the gorilla family. And walked back in the rain. My wife and I were slow, but we made it and enjoyed every minute of it. Good food and drink....reasonable bath...just let the hot water run until it gets hot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of only two lodges located within the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, Buhoma Lodge is a quality, intimate lodge with ten cottages along the hillside, situated adjacent to the forest a short distance from where gorilla tracking commences. Its peaceful location means that you may truly relax before and after your tracking experience, listening to the birds and primates of the forest. Guests can wake up to tea and coffee on their own private veranda with spectacular views of the morning mist rising off the canopy of Bwindi Forest. The cosy central lounge area with its open fire is the perfect place for guests to unwind after a hard day gorilla tracking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jovago.com so you can book your Buhoma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buhoma Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Buhoma Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park