“The Offspring in Northriding Continues the Legacy”
Review of The Grill Shop - CLOSED

The Grill Shop
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have often eaten at The Grill Shop in Rock Cottage and when they opened up a branch in Northriding they brought all the service and excellence with them. We have eaten at their new branch in Northriding a few time but yesterday we arranged to have my birthday dinner there - totally unaware that they normally close at 5pm on a Sunday. WELL - we were treated with the same enthusiasm and excellent service that we have become accustomed to and although we were the only table there, not once did they make us feel that they wanted to get us out. Our table had a variety of food; fish, chicken and steaks and without exception the comments were excellent. My personal favourite - their Espetada - is hands down the best you will get anywhere. Well done to the staff and we will definitely be back!!

2  Thank Vernepagel

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place is always a winner and I base it on the following criteria:

Reception: Friendly staff at the reception at all times. Not once have I had to wait for a table.

Service: Impressive and always available, yet gives you enough space to not make a nuisance of themselves if you wish not to be disturbed.

Beverages: Fully licensed and serve a good assortment of beverages. Their milkshakes are exceptional.

Food: Great food. I've pretty much had everything on the menu and everything is served with the utmost of quality and meat cuts are prepared exactly the way you want it. As a starter, I would suggest the Mussel Pot (which is served in a red wine or white sauce variations. Get the red wine version). On Sundays they also do a carvery option which is absolutely brilliant.

Overall, I'm always impressed with The Grill Shop. It's a well run establishment that's always up to scratch with service, food and atmosphere. Great to bring the family, have a business lunch or even a romantic dinner.

3  Thank Lionel C
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have always had a good experience barring once at this restaurant. The problem was technically our fault in that we ordered lamb chops without checking what the price was first. Still, the price we paid for those chops was simply outrageous, nearly R180 an order. The service and staff at this place are all focused on their customers and in all the times we have been there I cant think of any other issues that need corrective attention from management.

1  Thank Adrian A
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Food very well displayed and delicious. Decore was well fitting for The Grill SHop. Would go again. Would really recommend also for parties and special occations.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Really good. First time here was by chance, but came here back for my birthday. And now this is my third time and every time the food has been good. Service is amazing. Good job guys.