“medium meal and experience”
Review of Mo-Zam-Bik

Mo-Zam-Bik
Ranked #3 of 126 Restaurants in Randburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Portuguese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Johannesburg, South Africa
“medium meal and experience”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Having been twice we are able to go beyond the one singular experience that might also be the patron feeling a particular way on the day.

We enjoyed the meal and the experience but the food is not true Mozambique cuisine cooked as one would have it in Mozambique. It doesn't replicate what one gets across the border but if you realise this before going then it is good.

Service I good as is the atmosphere. Disappointed in not being able to order a 2M. Laurentinas were available though.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kevin M

Soweto, South Africa
“Bad attitude spoiled my appetite!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Me and my husband have dined at Moz-Zam-Bik in Randpark Ridge, Johannesburg a number of times, as well visited the Ballito restaurant. The food is excellent. However, the managers attitude at the Randpark Ridge restaurant really spoiled my appetite and despite great food I won't come back again. Me and my husband with 2 kids one 3 year old and a new born decided to quickly stop and order take away, since having a small baby in a restaurant is not always the best... My little one got hungry while waiting for the food so I was breast feeding him. The manager comes and calls my husband, goes outside and talks for a while. I find out that he is telling my husband that he is loosing clients and that him self gets "sick" when seeing someone breast feeding in a restaurant. Do I need to ad that I tried my all means to be very discreet and cover my self and not to put my boobs in anyone's face... After all babies get hungry and they have to be fed, why not put up a sign to say mothers and babies not welcome if breast feeding is such a disgusting act that is not allowed in your restaurant?!
Too bad on good sea food - wont come back again!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Manager_Malepa
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Best Portuguese”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Visited the restaurant in Brooklyn, Pretoria. Excellent food and service. No need to drive 565km to get the best Mozambique/Portuguese food. Parking close to the restaurant can be a problem, but if you find place in the allocated area you will be greeted by a very friendly car guard.

Visited December 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Feels like Mozambique.....minus the ocean”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This has been one of our favorite restaurants since we were introduced to it by some very good friends , you can't find anything on the menu e that n't tantalize the tastebuds , and its one of the only places in SA to get a ice cold 2M or laurentini just add some sand in your shoes and a warm glass of salt water ........and your still not in Mozambique but its a great place to set and drink about it

Montpellier Fran
“Good vibe, great food!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very tasty peri-peri prawns & wasabi mash - excellent cocktails and attentive service - thankyou Sipho in particular!

• Visited February 2013