“Highlight of my visit.”

Thorntree Tours and Safaris Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Thorntree Tours and Safaris offer safe excursions around Johannesburg. Day trips to Soweto, Apartheid Museum, Cradle of Humankind, Pretoria, Diamond Mine, Johannesburg City. Safaris to the Lion Park, Rhino and Lion Park - Half day tours. Pilanesburg Game Reserve - full day or overnight safari. Safari Lodge bookings with transport in our luxury vehicles. Kruger National Park - From Budget to Luxury - Fly or escorted tours Experienced friendly guide provides interesting tours that are flexible to suit your interests.
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

If you want to do some sightseeing in the area, call Lyn.
She knows what she's doing, knows the good sights from the bad ones and is great company as well!
I mean how often do you get to play with lion cubs?
Call her!

in 9 reviews
"pilanesberg"
"driver"

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently did a day trip with Lyn from Thorntree tours and safari's and I would just like to say how amazing she actually is.
1. I only had one day spare at the end of a business trip and I gave Lyn a very extensive and demanding list of things I wanted to see around pretoria, Johannesburg, Soweto and an elephant interaction - lyn was very accomodating - she figured out the best route to take, and fitted nearly everything in one day. any other tour operatour that I approached with the same request just said it was not possible.
2. like the previous posts - lyn made the most of every minute we had during the say, and she was so knowledgable about everything we went to see.
3. she made sure evrything fitted in my time frame and most importantly ensured I was able to catch my flight out of johannesburg that very night.
4. Lyn does her tours at a very reasonable rate, I cannot fault her services, her car was safe and a lockable boot for luggage, and she knows all the inner roads to avoid all the traffic.
I highly recommend her, and will certainly contact lyn again when I am back in the country.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the pleasure of having a day trip to Soweto and the Apartheid Museum with Lyn. It has been a very intense and informative journey through all aspects of the South African society from the first to the last minute. For my next stay, I certainly book some more visits with Lyn. For sure !

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just had an amazing time in South Africa. Lyn from Thorntree Tours arranged an itinerary for us which made the most of every minute that we had spare. The main part of our trip was to develop a link with a school in Vryburg with our own school in Cheshire, England. This in itself was a awesome experience but Lyn helped us to immerse ourselves with the wonderful wildlife either end of our journey which was the icing on the cake. From hands-on interaction with some lion and tiger cubs at the Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve to seeing a monkey being carried around by Lyn before falling asleep like a baby nestled in hers arms at the Monkey Sanctuary, to the walk with the elephants at Glen Afric which was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced, Lyn was fantastic. She is witty, has a wealth of knowledge and experience of the country and wildlife and gets obvious pleasure from sharing this with you, and makes you feel totally safe. We only managed to get a taste of South Africa but Lyn offers some amazing tours which I have no doubt these would leave anybody with lifetime experiences and memories. If you are planning a trip to South Africa, I cannot rate Lyn high enough.