The hotel Mercure Randburg was everything I wanted it to be. Clean, modern, helpful and good location.
We arrived there at 7am and were thankfully allowed into our room. What bliss after 24 hours since leaving our home in Paris!
The staff were very helpful, helped to arrange a city tour with a local guide (well worth it if you have an afternoon to kill) and we could leave the bulk of our luggage secure in a locked room for the four days that we left to go on safari.
I particularly liked the location. Just next to a very safe shopping and restaurant complex, there was plenty of variety in the evening and when it came to getting picked up to go to the Kruger, the safari company willingly picked us up from our hotel. South African friends of ours wondered why we didn't just stay in Sandton( about 15mins away). Well, the cost was the main reason ( 50% cheaper than comparable hotels). Talking to other guests at Sandton hotels who, like us were staying there for a day before going on safari tour and then returning for a final day, they seemed to have been no better off than us and didn't have the convenience of such nearby facilities.
My only grumble is a lack of free internet access - there was no computer available to guests and a rather uninspiring but pricey breakfast.
I would certainly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Loyal guests keep returning to the 3-star Mercure Hotel Randburg because they experience consistency of service and affordable luxury comfort. Attentive, friendly staff greet guests upon arrival, and are the cornerstone of the service a guest can expect to receive at the Randburg Mercure. The decor is a combination of chic retro styling with a subtle African musical theme in the common areas, and the guest area furniture is comfortable and stylish. Full English breakfasts, and light lunches and dinners can be taken in the elegant restaurant that is discreetly screened off from the main reception area. Guests usually enjoy sundowners and cocktails on the patio, in the garden, or in the bar that is open daily. For those who wish to eat out, the Hotel is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants. The 104 air-conditioned rooms are spacious and offer either a queen bed or two ¾ beds with luxury white linen, and a modern bathroom with a shower. The comfortable rooms offer a desk and chair with complimentary stationery, and an easy chair in which to relax and watch satellite TV. Tea and coffee facilities and digital safes are provided. All suites have flat-screen television sets, a fridge, and tea and coffee supplies and facilities are provided. There is one wheelchair designated suite, and there is a lift to access the upper floors. The Mercure Hotel Randburg is conveniently located to the business districts of Randburg and Sandton, where many national and international corporate head-offices are situated. The hotel is adjacent to the Brightwater Commons where guests have access to shops, restaurants, and gym facilities. The Olivedale Clinic is nearby. The OR Tambo International Airport is within easy access on the nearby motorway or the Gautrain bus, which links up to the Gautrain that takes guests directly to the airport. The hotel has 24-hour security and there is ample secure parking is onsite. SMEs can book full conference facilities in two venues, with a capacity of up to 20 people respectively. 500mb of free Wi-Fi is available to all guests on a daily basis. The hotel adheres to the Planet 21 principles of responsible business practice. The Mercure Hotel Randburg is the affordable luxury alternative for someone who wants to stay close to the heart of the Sandton business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Johannesburg Randburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Johannesburg Randburg Hotel Randburg
- Accor Johannesburg Randburg
- Mercure Johannesburg Randburg Greater Johannesburg