House Higgo Boutique Guesthouse
$116
$46
$45
  • Restaurant
Apollo Conferencing Hotel(Randburg)(Great Value!)
$53
Sierra on Main(Randburg)
$50
$32
Agoda.com
$120
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$166
$90
Burkleigh House(Randburg)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspresidential suiteduty managercold weatherimmaculate gardensbeautiful propertypool areawonderful staysmall thingsvalue for moneystayed for nightsenjoyed our stayhome away from homeexcellent servicesimoneugeniejacuzziguesthouse
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Unfriendly on arrival.Room grubby, furniture not clean, lights were fused, not bath towels. Breakfast was a joke, as I only have fruit and yogert, the fruit consisted of cut up apple with juice and 1 strawberry, eggs for my husband hard, not soft as he requested. The lights on our stoep burnt all night, we did not know how and where to switch them off.I I find it difficult to sleep in a half light room, although they have blackout curtains, but it was to short, same for the door through to the entrance. Blanket on bed so grubby, really unpleasent. To be able to entrance the hotel the entrance bell does not work so you are asked to call them by phone to lock open the place for you,. very shabby we thought. As we were there 2 days nobody tried to fix the bell!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marguerite202
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had to spend 3 nights in JHB for a work trip and brought my daughter and nanny along who spent much of the day at the GUEST house whilst I was away - they felt right at home! Jenny and Thembi were exceptional in the hospitality bestowed - thank you SO much! Rooms were clean, big and were accessible to a beautifully layered garden and pool area. I would certainly recommend your establishment to my friends and colleagues.

Regards
Cassandra

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent a night at House Higgo as a family. Our rooms were tastefully decorated, and opened out onto the stunning garden. The housekeeper/manager Simon went out of his way to please us. We had a fantastic 'homely' meal in the small library next to the fireplace, and breakfast outside on the patio (just outside of our rooms). We came home to a nice 'surprise' in the rooms. Small things could be added to the rooms and service, but overall it was an extremely pleasant stay, and I would definately like to go back there. The house has a very relaxed and homely feel to it.

Room Tip: I understand that the rooms are being upgraded, but the 'family cottage' certainly lacks the charm of the main 'inside' rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TradewindExplorer
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed for over 10days with my girlfriend on a work trip.
Simon the house manager is very friendly and excellent!!
The gardens,pool and views are as good as you will get!
Rooms are large with access to pool and gardens. Great bathrooms too.
My girlfriend felt very safe and at home when I was working.
A subtle and stylish place. Plenty of parking!
Dan

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent. The one by the jacuzzi is a little noisy due to the jacuzzi pump,if left on.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at House Higgo early March- good value for money.
A few things could be a little bit better-
small bottles of still water in rooms
fans in the rooms as there in NO aircon
more variety for breakfast.

Room Tip: If more than 2 of you don't go the cottage unless you get on very well
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends