This was our second year running, Easter Sunday Lunch, at the Ballata restaurant in the Fairway Hotel. This hotel and restaurant prides itself on modern metallic finishes and an architectural design of the highest standards! Pre-drink aperitifs can be enjoyed in the lounge or either their indoor or outdoor covered bar areas overlooking the manicured golf course fairways and practise putting green.
The tables are opulent, some, with wingback chairs and were charmingly decorated with an Easter gift box of scented pink sweeties and mini pink and white Easter eggs. Delightful live violin background music set a great mood.
Down to the food. Nothing puts me off a buffet more than when you get there last and it’s merely the remnants of a waste disposal site, needless to say, I was apprehensive that this year I may be disappointed!
It’s clear that Ballata, from the extensive selection of cold, hot and desserts on each buffet, is being run by qualified chefs. All the food is exquisite in preparation and replenished meticulously to the point that it never looked touched. I enjoyed large oysters, gravlax and duck liver and orange salad. My wife had Caesar salad freshly prepared to taste which was tempting. Quite simply there was such a wide selection words do it no justice so see the pictures (below) for a better idea. Once again the buffet selection was Easter lunch par excellence! The food selection was stupendous and the service was smooth and unhurried!
The Easter bunny even hopped in and made my sons’ day.
5 stars to the chefs, waitrons and management!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort is situated on the Randpark Golf Course, 15 minutes from Sandton City centre and 2km from Cresta Shopping Centre in Johannesburg. This modern business hotel provides the ultimate destination for conferences, functions, corporate golf days, weddings and leisure guests in a safe residential area with tree-lined streets. The luxury development overlooks the famous Randpark Golf Course and is situated just north east of the clubhouse, on the 1st hole. The Fairway has 62 hotel rooms and 14 double storey Golf Villas, each with 4 en-suite rooms. The hotel rooms include 35 luxury rooms, 16 premier rooms, 1 paraplegic room, 2 Suites and 8 family rooms. Gym, tennis courts and spa facilities further add to the enjoyment and comfort of guests during their stay. The 8, 200m² hotel comprises a multi-volume foyer and private internal pool courtyard, a conference centre, boardrooms, breakaway rooms, lounge and deck with stunning views. Brides can look forward to a magnificent chapel and the Windsor Ballroom for hosting their function. Being the meeting venue in Johannesburg, Bar Verve is renowned for after work cocktails which may well extend into unparalleled late night Fine Dining in Balata Restaurant. The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort is a member of the Guvon Hotels and was awarded with 'Best New Hotel Africa and Indian Ocean' at the World Travel Awards 2010. The Balata Restaurant is accredited with the American Express Platinum Fine Dining Award 2013, 2014 and 2015. In case of an Eskom electricity outage The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort is 100% powered by our own 630KVA "Silent Pack" generator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairway Hotel And Golf Resort
- The Fairway Hotel & Golf Randburg
- The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort Randburg, Greater Johannesburg