“Best B&B i have ever seen”
Review of Burkleigh House

Burkleigh House
Ranked #4 of 55 Randburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2012

It is really very beautiful, you can see how much people love their job and love this place. Patricia is very helpful and kind. So many interesting antique details in the rooms and lounge. Breakfast is fresh and tasty. Can't tell much about location, becuase we were looking for some place not far from our friens house. Anyway, it is the most beautiful guesthouse i have ever been to. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
BurkleighHouse, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Alex and Irina
Thank you ever so much for your kind and generous review of Burkleigh House. I wish I spoke Russian so that we could have gleaned more information about your own country. We are so privileged to meet so many interesting and wonderful people. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will be back.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

The Guesthouse, the proprietor and the area are amaxing. supremely welcoming guesthouse with amazing food and incredible atmosphere. friendly, helpful and superb setting make this a guesthouse i am comfortable recommending to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Patricia Taylor, the owner of the Burkleigh House has done an excellent job in creating an exquisite home away from home for both business and pleasure travelers. The accommodations are stylish and comfortable and the host and her staff's friendliness and warmth made our stay with them an absolute pleasure. I certainly plan on returning and would recommend the Burkleigh House to friends and colleagues alike.

Patricia tells me she is planning the addition of a conference center with meeting venues, which will make this an excellent venue for business travelers or companies looking for a location for off-site meetings.

Thanks again Patricia and looking forward to seeing you again next year!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Grosvenor House - London
Hotel Meurice - Paris
The Excelsior - Florence
The Krasnapolsky - Amsterdam

All have special attributes. None of the above have the quality of service, care, comfort and personal response to clients needs that you will find at Burkleigh House. If you are in Johannesburg for business or pleasure you really have to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roshni N
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Wonderful hostess and host! Couldn't have asked for more. Would recommend this fantastic B&B to anyone visiting Johannesburg. The pictures do justice to the experience but, cannot convey how warm and genuine the hosts are. As foreigners in a strange land we felt welcomed, safe and extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Burkleighhouse_10, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

Wow, what a wonderful compliment. Thank you so much. We at Burkleigh House have enjoyed all the amazing people we have met from all over the world and feel most blessed to have met such special and warm people from Australia.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

A luxurious and posh hotel. Rooms are huge; beddings are of high quality. Service is excellent (e.g. cleaning, breakfast, lanudry services). The large garden was charming and well-maintained. The owner sometimes organises cosy barbecues.

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in my fifteen years of travelling . A stay there is an experience on its own...

(No in-room telephones though. So if you've a business conference call, you'll need to use your mobile phone.)

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Burkleighhouse_10, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Thank you for your kind words. We so enjoyed having you stay and it was always a joy to hear your ringing laughter in the mornings. We have had such special guests staying which makes our job such a pleasure.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

I stayed at Burkleigh House for 8 nights when visiting friends in Johannesburg. When I arrived, the first thing that amazed me was just how beautiful the gardens were. Really stunning, even though I am not a gardener myself. You can see that a lot of time and effort has gone into making the gardens spectacular.
My room was beautiful, the antique furniture is really something special. Good size bed, lovely bathroom with a great shower. The security is excellent, and I certainly felt safe during my stay.
The little things that make a big difference are what makes Burkleigh House special. Like having really good quality sheets and towels. And, for example, when I asked for more little milk pots in my room (as I am British and rely on my cup of tea in the morning!) a whole carton was provided for me. The kitchenette was very handy as you have a sink and fridge to use. Room 1 had a small balcony that overlooked a beautiful fountain in the middle of the drive and also the swimming pool. I could then step out straight into the gardens and through to the main building.
Breakfast was served at my convenience every morning and the food was very good. I could ask for pretty much anything I wanted and I'm sure it would have been provided.

All of the staff were very helpful and went out of their way to assist me. However, Patricia and David, the owners of Burkleigh House, were particularly brilliant. They were so friendly and treated me like a friend in their house as opposed to the feeling you would get in a huge hotel chain. Any questions I had, or suggestions on what to visit during my stay, they were always close by to help me out. Genuinely lovely people who care about their beautiful house and gardens, and are determined to make you feel welcome during your stay.
I will certainly be returning to Burkleigh House, I just hope I can stay for longer next time!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Burkleighhouse_10, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2010

It is certainly heart warming to read such a lovely review. This makes all the months of really hard work and worry seem insignificant. The most special part of owing a guest house is meeting all the really warm and wonderful people that come from all over the world and who all love this country in which we are so very fortunate to live. Thank you so much for this generous review.