Valley Lodge & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Budmarsh Country Lodge(Magaliesburg)
View Hotel
De Hoek Country Hotel(Magaliesburg)
Magalies Manor Hotel(Magaliesburg)
  • Pool
Maropeng Boutique Hotel(Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site)
Forum Homini Hotel(Muldersdrift)
View Hotel
All reviewssuperior roomthe riverdouble showerunderfloor heatingfour starbuffet stylebreakfast and dinnerprivate patioteam buildingfull bodyexecutive chefthe general managerworld classour waiteramazing weekendshort driverelaxing weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have visited Valley Lodge many times over the past few years and always enjoy the friendly staff and comfortable accommodation.

The hotel has a beautiful natural setting and is one of the founding member's of the Magalies River Conservancy

It is a luxury venue but feels relaxed and not snooty. One of my highlights is the meals which are always delicious.

The pristine Magalies River runs though the property offering some great fly fishing for guests looking to target indigenous large scale yellow fish, bass and carp.

Fly fishing clinics and team building are available for corporate and private guests.

I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: River view rooms are really nice
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very well organized, friendly people and overall pleasant place with beautiful views and walks if you have the time. I would not trust the wake up call system as I requested a time and never received a call !! at reception received a standard and poor blaming excuse. it was wise to use the cell phone.

Room Tip: Because of the nice river, in winter it is very cold the closer you are to the water, but the rooms are well catered for the cold.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Over-priced, very poor service, unfriendly officious staff. We arrived exhausted in the early evening and were given a room with two showers - but neither of them worked. We waited two hours for room service. And when we were eventually able to change rooms having had to repack our bags, the toilet in the new room had not been flushed, let alone cleaned. When we demanded our money back, we were turned down, and without apology. I got the distinct impression the staff here resent their guests. This place is a rip-off for gullible foreign visitors to South Africa. My advice is avoid at all costs. Avoid. Avoid.

Room Tip: Try other nearby places
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank roman r
Reviewed August 17, 2013

At first I thought to myself R2000 per night is quite pricy, but after visiting the website I thought it looked good enough to be justified. Unfortunately my experience there was horrific. At first we had to wait more than 40 minutes for our drinks order to get to the table, after asking more than 3 times what the delay was. Then it took an hour for the staff to get wood for the fireplaces that was almost burnt out on a freezing night. Then the bar did not have change for a R100 and had to go to the BP garage to get change... Just as I thought it can't get worse I went to my room just to find out my basin and shower did not have hot water, not to mention the state the shower head was in... All and all I am pretty disgusted with this so called 4 star lodge, surely there are better places to stay in Magaliesburg

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jana_Policar
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at valley lodge for 2 nights, I'd say that the quality of the rooms is very high. The luxury rooms are spacious and provides one with a great view of the river (the bathroom, though, isn't that modern) whereas the superior rooms are smaller, but provide modern bathrooms that accomodate 2 in a cosy manner (2 shower heads in large shower area; 2 washing basins, and large bathtub. The heated tiles are a nice touch). The spa facility on site is good (the indoor pool could not be used because of repairs) but the the ambiance is really nice and provides for a relaxing experience. The cost of the treatments are a tad expensive though. Dinner is R225 (excluding drinks) and is a basic buffet without anything spectacular (seafood or variety of meat dishes). The rooms go at between R3000 - R4000 per night, which is pricey. It would have been nice if there was wifi, but because of the nature of the visit (getaway) this wasn't something critically missed. A great stay, but pricing is definitely a deterring factor.

• Stayed: July 2013