This hotel used to have a great reputation, BUT... the room did not have heating that was adequate, the plumbing did not work (basin would not drain). Ants were crawling all over the bed, and the remote control didn't work. After reporting everything at reception in the morning, and enjoying a WONDERFUL relaxing day at the spa, we got back to the room and nothing had been fixed. Oh yes, the water in the basin had been drained. The staff at reception weren't very helpful and merely said that as the hotel was fully booked and a number of "do not move" guests were still to arrive, they were not able to move us.
An hour later, after being exposed to one of the managers swearing at the staff, and being made to feel totally inadequate, we were moved to a slightly better repaired room, only to be woken up at 2am by a bunch of drunkards right outside the room shouting at each other. As the roof is made of thatch, it felt as if they were in the room.
We cut our stay short, and left the next morning.
It's a pity that a place with such a great spa, great grounds, and a potentially peaceful atmosphere is spoilt by the many corporate noisy groups who do not care about anything other than blowing the company's booze budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just one hour's drive from Johannesburg or Pretoria, the exclusive famed African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa is a timeless gem where luxury and peace are in abundance. Oozing old world charm but boasting modern opulence, Mount Grace Country House & Spa is the perfect retreat for team building, conferences and relaxed weekend getaways away from the hustle and bustle of city life. The picturesque country house started life as a private residence and farmhouse and has hosted a number of dignitaries and A-list visitors over the years. Located on a hillside with unspoilt views of the valley and boasting some ten acres of manicured gardens as well as pristine bushveld, the sprawling property is a balm for the city weary soul. Take a leisurely drive along country roads or land in a helicopter. While at the Mount Grace indulge in good food, fine wines and relaxing spa treatments in the award winning Mount Grace Spa. The African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa TEAM prides itself on creating a home away from home for all our GUESTS, where time stands still, allowing you to enjoy that rare opportunity of complete relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Grace Country House Hotel Magaliesburg
- Mount Grace Country House And Spa
- Mount Grace Country Hotel
- Mount Grace Country Magaliesburg