“Elegant country get-away”

African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Magaliesburg
“Elegant country get-away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had a great weekend here recently: set at the foot of a beautiful part of the Magaliesburg, it has scenic gardens, beautiful interiors and very good service. Rooms are well-equipped (incl. Nespresso machines) with great linen (but towels are getting a little threadbare). The spa is back on form, it's a brilliant escape space (although the massage I had was a little mediocre (try go earlier in the day when the therapists are less exhausted, they are extremely busy on weekends)). The buffet at 'Twist' is good, as are the breakfasts, but the fine dining at 'Rambling Vine' is mediocre. Some of the rooms are a little old and small (though still elegant), so try and get an upgrade if you can. Although it's an African Pride property, they are not keen on honouring some of the Prokard (loyalty programme) benefits.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are older and a bit cramped (shower only, no bath), so try and get an upgrade if y...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JasLev

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I checked in on the 27th April for what I thought was a bday surprise stay. The staff, beautiful facilities,service and lovely cuisine made the stay truly worthy of the wonderful reputation the establishment has. Little did I know that the amazing team were scheming with my fiancé to ensure every detail of our engagement was handled properly and secretly :) the team also gave me a birthday card signed by each one which I thought was a lovely gesture with a personal touch, together with a complimentary bottle of wine. Overall our engagement was utterly memorable and I recommend Mount Grace to anyone who wants a touch of luxury, beauty and wonderful service in a getaway. Thank you again to the team, we will certainly see you again as you were a part of an extremely special milestone :) much love - Donna and Tumi

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna J
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Donna J

The TEAM were so excited to be a part of the big surprise. We are also thrilled to hear that it turned out to be perfect and that we are part of an extremely special milestone.

A big congratulations from all of us and we hope to welcome you for your honeymoon and many anniversaries to come.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

My partner and I have visited Mount Grace on numerous occasions now and we've loved every time. We find it very romantic and spent one of our anniversary's there as well as this past valentines day. The hotel added so many extras which made our stay even more memorable. The spa is stunning and the restaurant serves the most wonderful food.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer rooms. The rooms on the far side of the swimming pool by the main entrance...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HannalieJacobs
Dear HannalieJacobs

It is so exciting to read such wonderful comments from one of our regular GUESTS.

I am glad that we were able to once again make your romantic getaway a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another experience with wonderful food and a relaxing time at our stunning spa.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I have just spent a weekend of perfect relaxation at the Mount Grace. Besides the quality of the environment, I think the high service ethic of the staff makes this hotel one to visit again. Simply outstanding service. Only are of improvement is to ensure consistency at peak times (lunch) in the restaurant and pool areas. I just found the staff battled with increased numbers especially with visitors for Sunday lunch. As they say, no one is perfect but the staff here were as near to perfection as one would wish for.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Khwezi 1306

What a great review!

I am delighted to hear that it was a weekend of perfect relaxation at our fine establishment. We pride ourselves with delivering excellent and outstanding service and I am pleased to hear that our TEAM offered you just that.

I have addressed your comment regarding consistent service during peak lunch hours with our Food and Beverage Manager and he has put measures into place to ensure that our GUESTS are not inconvenienced in any way during busy periods.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I booked a night at the Mount Grace for my husband and myself so that he could wake up somewhere special on the morning of his birthday. We were so unbelievably spoiled, from a birthday card and a bottle of wine in the room after we checked in to returning to the room after dinner to find that our room had been made up with rose petals, fresh towels folded into swans and chocolates on our pillows - what a treat!
We had dinner at the Rambling Vine restaurant which was SUPERB. The food is exquisitely presented and the portions are perfect - you are able to enjoy a starter, main course and a dessert (IF you go on an empty stomach!). The food has been prepared with perfectly complimentary flavours and the only "complaint" I have is that it is so hard to choose :) I could have tried EVERYTHING.
Thanks for one of the best overnight stays we have had - we definitely want to come back for a longer stay!

Room Tip: The luxury suite is AWESOME. Facing the beautiful mountains with a view of perfect African bushveld...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela B
Dear Angela B

Thank you for the special review.

This means so much to us as we constantly strive to exceed our GUESTS expectations. I have shared your comments with the TEAM and we all look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I am deeply disappointed with this establishment. I was staying over this past weekend (11 to 13 April) and I forgot my watch and ring in the room. After following up several times with the hotel staff, I just got a call to tell me that they can't find my items. I guess the 5 star rates don't buy honesty.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank kabelom135
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear KabeloM 135

Thank you for your review.

Please can you kindly contact me on the details that I have sent through to discuss this further as I have been unable to reach you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

The service is very good, warm welcome by employees full of smiles. They even remembered to put a birthday card in the bedroom, thank you team you have made my day. We will definitely come back for more

Room Tip: Superior is the best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pinkie S

I am so glad that our TEAM made your birthday a special and memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more.

GUEST Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magaliesburg
Magalies Manor
#4 of 5 in Muldersdrift
Maropeng Boutique Hotel
Maropeng Boutique Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site

Been to African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa? Share your experiences!