We booked into Mount Grace for our anniversary weekend and enjoyed every minute of it!
The staff were very gracious and friendly from the moment we checked in, all going out of their way to make our stay comfortable. There was a slight problem with being allocated a booked room when we checked in but it was promptly rectified and we received a complimentary fruit platter from the management team with an apology for the inconvenience. A special thank you Patience, Patricia, Muzi and the rest of the awesome staff at Mount Grace.
Although the establishment is large and fully booked, it is spaced out and as such you do not see many guests which adds to the tranquility of the place. Besides the availability of spa for bookings, guests have access to two pools in the main hotel area, one of which is heated.
The spa area also contains a heated pool, steam pool and jacuzzi, all of which are free to use and open until 8pm so make sure you take your bathers! There is also a gym which opens at 6am :)
The breakfast on offer was delicious and we were even spoilt with fresh waffles!
The bed was quite uncomfortable being two joined beds. One end of the bed was slanted which was annoying. (Room 124).
The spa prices are very expensive compared to many other 5* spas that I have been to.
The dinner prices are also expensive and not at all value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just one hour's drive from Johannesburg or Pretoria, the exclusive famed African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa is a timeless gem where luxury and peace are in abundance. Oozing old world charm but boasting modern opulence, our hotel in Magaliesburg, South Africa is the perfect retreat for team building, conferences and relaxed weekend getaways away from the hustle and bustle of city life. The picturesque country house started life as a private residence and farmhouse and has hosted a number of dignitaries and A-list visitors over the years. Located on a hillside with unspoilt views of the valley and boasting some ten acres of manicured gardens as well as pristine bushveld, the sprawling property is a balm for the city weary soul. Take a leisurely drive along country roads or land in a helicopter. While at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, indulge in good food, fine wines and relaxing spa treatments in the award winning Mount Grace Spa. Our TEAM prides itself on creating a home away from home for all our GUESTS, where time stands still, allowing you to enjoy that rare opportunity of complete relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Grace Country House Hotel Magaliesburg
- Mount Grace Country House And Spa
- Mount Grace Country Hotel
- Mount Grace Country Magaliesburg