We stayed for five nights over the New Year period as the start of our three weeks in South Africa.
Upon arrival the check in team were polite and efficient and then to the room via a golf cart. We stayed in one of the villas and could not find fault with the room, well furnished and appointed as well as clean and cool. The Villas are away from the main complex and give an added sense of privacy. The grounds are fantastic and despite being very close to the Johannesburg/Pretoria conurbation it does give the out of Africa feel very nicely.
Over the five days we dined in both the al a carte and the buffet restaurants and the food was very good indeed for breakfast lunch and dinner.
The spa and gym are great and if you like running machines the view whilst running is fantastic. The spa is well worth spending the better part of a day at as the entire area is geared up to be calm and relaxing.
The only thing that lets this experience down is some of the staff. A couple of examples are;
1) we asked four times for the mini bar to be filled before it happened.
2) some of the waiting staff are expert in avoiding requests
3) the service can be slow to the point of geological.
That said I spoke to the manager about the issues and he assured me that the hotel was about to start and extensive training programme with the staff to move on from these problems.
Overall I would recommend that if you are considering this hotel then you could do a lot worse and you do stay here. You simply have to nag a little to get a better service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just one hour's drive from Johannesburg or Pretoria, the exclusive famed African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa is a timeless gem where luxury and peace are in abundance. Oozing old world charm but boasting modern opulence, our hotel in Magaliesburg, South Africa is the perfect retreat for team building, conferences and relaxed weekend getaways away from the hustle and bustle of city life. The picturesque country house started life as a private residence and farmhouse and has hosted a number of dignitaries and A-list visitors over the years. Located on a hillside with unspoilt views of the valley and boasting some ten acres of manicured gardens as well as pristine bushveld, the sprawling property is a balm for the city weary soul. Take a leisurely drive along country roads or land in a helicopter. While at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, indulge in good food, fine wines and relaxing spa treatments in the award winning Mount Grace Spa. Our TEAM prides itself on creating a home away from home for all our GUESTS, where time stands still, allowing you to enjoy that rare opportunity of complete relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Grace Country House Hotel Magaliesburg
- Mount Grace Country House And Spa
- Mount Grace Country Hotel
- Mount Grace Country Magaliesburg