“February Weekend away”

Intaba Thulile
Johannesburg
“February Weekend away”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My weekend in Magaliesberg was my first trip away with my new boyfriend, and I'm so glad we chose Intaba Thulile. We had a lovely hike up and along the mountain in the morning, and finished off the day relaxing by the pool. The rooms and facilities were all in great condition, and the owner, Joanne, was extremely kind, considerate and accommodating. Many other places in our price-range honestly looked a little tired and dated, but the chalets at Intaba Thulile had a fresh look and feel to them (simple décor, but great taste, and useful amenities like a shower with strong pressure - I hate insipid showers). This, combined with the affordable price, beautiful scenery, and Joanne's helpfulness made for an amazing weekend away. I don't often feel compelled to leave reviews (this is my first one on TripAdvisor), but in this case I wanted to make the effort - Joanne was so accommodating with us (very understanding about our very vague arrival time, and organised a bit of a more-private chalet for us, just to name 2 things!). I hope this review will encourage people to choose Intaba Thulile - I would certainly stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SamanthaJHB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Johannesburg
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I recently stayed at Intaba Thulile and it was great, as always! It was my third time staying at there and I'm sure I will be going back there soon! The rooms are not only clean but also very comfortable with a fully equipped kitchen, 2 bedrooms, a lounge and a bathroom (Shower and a Bath).

We were spoilt for choice with activities to do. We spent our days hiking the Magaliesberg mountains, we also did a lot of Game Viewing (see list of animals we saw below) and some birding. The setting at Intaba Thulile is perfect for photography with farmland and mountain landscapes. It's also great for getting photo's of star filled skies.

The only word- to describe Intaba Thulile is perfect!

As a Game reserve and wildlife enthusiast, the game that can be seen at Intaba Thulile is excellent. We saw: Eland, Zebra, Giraffe, Blue Wildebeest, Baboon, Klipspringer, Bushbuck, Red Hartebeest, Black-Backed Jackal, Mountain Reedbuck and also three Cape Vultures.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justin C
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our family held our annual family weekend at Intaba Thulile this year and I cannot even begin to describe how amazing our stay was! Never have I stayed at a self catering lodge that is so well equipped, you literally have EVERYTHING you could possibly need!
Not to mention the serenity and beauty this hidden gem has to offer, there was so much space in which we could play games and have fun. Mandla was so friendly and helpful, he really had his work cut out for him with us being such a large group! I will surely be returning VERY soon!! Please don't stop the amazing work you are doing Joanne!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patricia v
JHB
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed in the Intaba Thulile log cabins with friends for one night last week.

The Owner, Joanne, was extremely friendly and literally went out her way to make sure our stay was comfortable, even going so far as to buy us braai stuff that we forgot at home!

We found the place very peacefull, far enough away from Joburg to be a 'get away' yet close enough to be accessable.

Unfortunately, the closest we came to spotting game is 1 buck for a few seconds. But we did see alot of cows.

The hike up to Breed's Nek Pass is deceptively tricky in places, and the trail could perhaps be better signposted.

Alll in all, we had a great time, the cabin was clean and cosy, with both bath and shower (seperate), and the price was extremely good value!

Thank you Joanne and Intaba Thulile!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends