La Provence D'Afrique
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Magaliesburg
See available hotels
  • Pool
Valley Lodge & Spa(Magaliesburg)
  • Restaurant
Budmarsh Country Lodge(Magaliesburg)
View Hotel
De Hoek Country Hotel(Magaliesburg)
Magalies Manor Hotel(Magaliesburg)
  • Pool
Maropeng Boutique Hotel(Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe riverhot stone massageromantic weekendpicnic basketstreet cafefrench affairthemed decorcheese platterattention to detailcar washwhite linenfriendly and professional staffhoneymoon suitemanor houseout of this worldwedding anniversarythe hustle and bustle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The entire experience was disappointing.
- Accommodation was shocking
o Dirty
o No hot watter
o Freezing
- Service
o Terrible
o Slow
o Had to beg for extra wood and Ice
o Except for a waiter named Innocent.
- Food
o Was a joke
 Soup was tasteless
 Chicken Pie portion was tiny for two people
 Malva Pudding - dry
- Price
o Way over priced

My suggestion would be to look somewhere else, we spoke to a few locals and they told us that there are far better places at cheaper prices. Don’t waste your time !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tyron R
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I decided on the spur of the moment to get away for a few days, and thank goodness we found La Provence! What an amazing, restful, rejuvenating experience. If you are looking for super-tubes, shiny plastic furnishings and other mod cons, this is not for you. If you want atmosphere, romance and 5-star service, I would highly recommend La Provence. Thank you to Margeurite, Jeremia and the team. We will certainly be back.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Someone broke into our room and stole our cellphones, clothes,smashed our car window. The rooms are dirty and linen have a weird smell, toilet smells everytime u flush. Pathetic and disgusting place. Don't be fooled by pictures in the internet

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank nandi7
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was "surprised" by my husband with a Romantic Valentines weekend getaway, well what a surprise it was. When we arrived on the Friday afternoon, we where welcomed and escorted to our choice of two rooms in a cottage next to the river. The first one had a bedroom upstairs (very steep staircase) so I opted for the room next door. The doll house, after looking around the host Jeremiah could see I was not happy with the room at all. It was cold, felt damp, stained bath overall feel was not good at all and dolls everywhere like something out of a horror movie. Jeremiah suggested I take a look at a room in the main building. I loved it, the room was light spacious clean and pretty, we moved our things and got ready for dinner. Dinner was amazing I loved the the decor the idea and the entire set up with baskets being served etc fabulous dinner. The food was great everything was perfect up until this point. We got no sleep that night, firstly the fan in our room wouldn't switch off after trying everything we eventually had to get Jeremiah and someone from maintenance to sort it out. Then the sounds from our neighbors kept us up til around 3, they had the radio going (they provided in the rooms) not quiet sure what they where getting upto "can only imagine" but thought it was really inconsiderate of them seriously! there should be a rule or something do what you have to but remember the walls are thin really thin!!. Never the less we where up dressed and ready to leave by 7am. We where so tired I could wait to get home, this was with out a doubt my worst weekend away thank goodness it only lasted 15 hours. Todate we have not received a email, phone call or message from the owner asking us why we left.

Guess that's why we have a platform like this Thanks Tripadvisor!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MarciaT4
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We heard about this place from a colleague and decided to give it a shot for the weekend. What an escape it was! It's just of the main Jhb road if you're heading to Jhb from Rustenburg on the R24.

The location is serene. It gives you a true feeling of escape from the city life. The French themed decor set the tone for our first year anniversary :)

Our host Jeremiah ensured that we were well taken care of..but our most enjoyed part were the breakfasts by the river...wow!

Do not think twice if you intend on spoiling your significant other for the weekend :)

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple