“Magical”

$200.38*
and up
Magaliesburg Balloon Safari from Johannesburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Bill Harrop's "Original" Balloon Safaris. If you're going to do it, do it in unassailable style. It's sunrise. The silence is only punctuated by the occasional blast of the powerful burners and the faint call of a bird or animal far beneath. The thrill is indescribable. Picture yourselves sipping champagne as you hover gently above the tree tops, or soar high above the mountain peaks. After landing, savour a delectable champagne breakfast at our well established, traditionally exquisite and beautifully appointed Clubhouse Pavilion and Restaurant where you will be filled with the warmest of memories.
Jo'burg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Magical”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Its was an amazing morning, truly magical. The whole experience from arriving in the morning to hot chocolate and warm muffins, an amazing balloon flight, having a detour on the way back to base to photograph some giraffes we spotted and then a fabulous breakfast!
We were looked after by a great team and the whole experience is something not to be missed.
I would definitely recommend this trip

Visited May 2011
5 Thank Addykan
BillJohannesburg, Owner at Bill Harrop's Original Balloon Safaris, responded to this review, October 13, 2016
Dear Addykan,
A belated thank you for your review.
Kind regards,
Bill Harrop

Mozambique
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An amazing experience”
Reviewed April 12, 2010

This is a trully wonderful experience. The Bill Harrop team are super-professional, very well organised and take great care of their visitors. Ballooning is an amazing adventure, we were worried that we'd be scared as we have vertigo but that wasn't the case at all. We flew high and low, amazing views, a chance to wave at the neghbours and take some fantastic pictures. All this was topped off wth a sumptuous champagne breakfast. I would heartily recommend this trip

5 Thank mozbiz
Dear Mozbiz,
A belated thank you for your review.
Kind regards,
Bill Harrop
dublin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“balloon ride”
Reviewed May 2, 2008

There are Hot Air Balloon rides over the Magaliesburg ( near Johannesburg), however, I would not recommend Bill Harrops Balloon Safari.(There are 2 other vendors) The rides are extremely expensive, the owner " Mary" is very rude and ? deliberately misleading. One is promised " champagne" and is handed awful sparkling wine, one is transported back to the take off site in an old, broken down , dirty minivan....

Breakfast needs some imagination- all for the grand price of $400!!!! A rip- off of note!!!!!

6 Thank liamgriegg
BillJohannesburg, Owner at Bill Harrop's Original Balloon Safaris, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Well THAT one, out very first TripAdvisor revue, just ruined my day too!
From frequent rave emailed revues, media articles, top tourism awards, and feed back to THIS!?
Seriously, I lost a lot of sleep that month. I was devastated.

I seemed to encounter problems responding at the time and, sorry to say, I gave up with possibly the wrong perception of TA and its service to the tourism industry as well.
To make matters worse, I couldn’t find your name on any of our manifests of that period.
My apologies to you, whoever you are and wherever you may be, as well as to the TA Team of 2008.

Thank you for the wake-up call “liamgriegg” and TripAdvisor, which as you will note has turned a lemon into lemonade and “champagne” into some jolly good South African “white medium-dry sparkling wine”. Nederburg Cuve Brut, Pongracz etceteras.
NB: Moet Chandon and Veuve Cliquot SQ.

I think I owe you, of all people, a chance to give a second opinion.
Call me next time you are in town.

Buoyant regards,