“best south african delicious meal in town”
Review of Toby's Coffee Shop - CLOSED

Toby's Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Sports Cafe showing live Sports events on DSTV. Great place to hang out to chat and eat good food. Free wifi and all the sport you could want. Cafe food but also a good range of traditional African meals, Tripe, Samp, Pap and chakalaka.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“best south african delicious meal in town”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

wow I have enjoyed my lunch again with my business associates. TOBYS never disappoint with their daily African food.

• Visited July 2014

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“so sad”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

i was a regular visitor to sitting pretty, and absolutely loved the food and combinations. I was very sad to see it close. But excited to see a new addition on the strip.
Walked in, and there is absolutely no atmosphere, the staff did say there will be photos put on the walls. Floor was dirty, not to talk about the ladies. So I look at the menu, and its exactly the same as the previous restaurant????? And unfortunately its not cooked as well. The waiter is a very pleasant chap. I hope they change the menu soon, and get a chef to do the cooking.
But I will be back in a couple of weeks to have a look at the changes and hope that they do succeed

• Visited May 2014
Tobys_Coffee_Shop, Owner at Toby's Coffee Shop, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi.

Thanks for your review of Toby's. I am sorry that you were not that impressed.

There are many areas that need to be addressed and we will do so in the coming weeks. Thank you for highlighting them.

We took over from Sitting Pretty when the unit was in a very poor state of repair with old decor and a rather unloved feel to it. We have tried to make the cafe a lighter and brighter place to be and we will be improving the atmosphere in the coming weeks.

Just a week after we took over the business I had to go over seas for two months and so nothing has been done since I left. I am back in early June and hope that the improvements we make after my return will improve our offering.

I hope you will see the improvements to the menu, decor and atmosphere on your next visit.

Thanks again Ron and the team at Toby's
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Homely, friendly and value for money!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

What a refreshing atmosphere. They are passionate about what they do, especially customer service! Warm and comfortable atmosphere and yummy treats.

• Visited May 2014
Tobys_Coffee_Shop, Owner at Toby's Coffee Shop, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hi. many thanks for your kind words. The staff were really happy to hear them. Please accept a complimentary coffee next time you visit us. Thanks again Ron and the staff at Toby's
Simon's Town, South Africa
“Always good”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I often stop here on my bike rides. Staff are always friendly and the best coffee around and breakfast around.

Visited May 2014
Tobys_Coffee_Shop, Owner at Toby's Coffee Shop, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Hi. Thanks for the review and your kind words. Please enjoy a complimentary cup of coffee next time you call in. See you soon.
Kigali, Rwanda
“Fabulous breakfast”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just happened to stop by here while on a walk to see the penguins and what a pleasant surprise! My boyfriend and I each had full breakfasts and coffee. The meals were creative, tasty and reasonably priced. Coffee was great. Also, the service was exceptional. What a nice way to start our day in Simons Town!

• Visited May 2014
Hi. Many thanks for your kind words. The staff were elated to see your review. We hope to see you when you are in Simons Town again.