We had our honeymoon in South Africa. When we arrived in the evening at the Whale View Manor the house staff did not know we were coming. They stated that the venue was fully booked and we were not known to them despite the guesthouse charged the full (quite high) amount in advance. When we exhibited the voucher, they disapeared with it in the office and made us wait for 25 Minutes on our suitcases not offering us even a seat telling us they had to check it with the manager. Finally they came, no apology whatsoever, and declared that we were able to stay (how kind!). The manager showed up only the mornig we left. The only words we heared of her were "good morning", nothing else. The house and the rooms are nicely decorated and the breakfast was fine. The smell of urine in the toilet was unpleasant. In the two evenings we stayed there we wanted to ask for some information like dining and sight-seeing but we could not find any one in the house to ask. This was by far the worst stay I ever had in South Africa out of much more than one hundred. I certainly would not write this when it was not true. I cant believe all the other reviews are so good, may be the owner changed in the meantime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whale View Manor… distinctive and sumptuous…. a jewel of a guest house located in historic Simon’s Town and close to Boulders Beach that is world famous for the African Penguins. Whale View Manor is situated directly opposite a picturesque and secluded beach. The uninterrupted, breath-taking views, at the southern-most tip of Africa enhance the unique experience of this accommodation. This gem also has a backdrop of majestic mountain vistas. As you step into the eclectic reception area, you are treated to an extravaganza of the senses. Extraordinary artifacts and collectibles greet and welcome you. Susan Smyth, the owner, travels extensively and her keen eye selects remarkable objet d'art that she lovingly brings home to Whale View Manor. Visual delights are further accentuated by subtle fragrances wafting through the reception, by bougainvillea petals floating inside from the charming courtyard and by the gleaming smiles of the dedicated staff. Exemplary service defines Whale View Manor. The team will go to any lengths to create a memorable, magical experience for their valued guests – from set ting up a breakfast table on the beach to arranging a tantalizing high-tea in the garden. Flexibility and creativity allow for the team to cater to your dreams. Accommodation:Six of the rooms have spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, while four have beautiful garden and mountain views. All the rooms have newly appointed en suite bathrooms and satellite television. Breakfast & Dining: Breakfast is served in the restaurant overlooking the ocean. Scrumptious freshly prepared meals are served with the aroma of freshly ground coffee filling the air. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner - booking essential. The meals are quite delectable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Whale View Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whale View Manor Simons Town
- Whale View Manor Cape Town, South Africa