“I Highly Recommended This dive school”
Review of Pisces Divers

Pisces Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving around the Cape Town Area. Specializing in Sharks, Seals, Wrecks and Reefs. Among the most spectacular diving in the world. Pisces Divers is a PADI Five Star IDC Centre, providing the full range of PADI training courses. We also have a well-stocked retail shop, a coffee shop, servicing centre and air and nitrox filling station on site.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Highly Recommended This dive school”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I am a lucky man! Those were my thoughts as I sat on the Pisces dive boat. My wife had gifted me an advanced open water dive course, and I was enjoying highly professional service, from the whole Pisces team. I found Carel my instructor to be very personable, as well as very knowledgeable in marine environments with such attention to fine detail that really appeals to me.

I would particularly like to mention that all our DM’s as well as the DM’s in training joined us during our dive debriefs, not to exclude Niel who was also the skipper for two of my dives. They were engaged and interested in finding out what we saw as well as helping to identify species and share their knowledge and experience. I loved that! Thank you, that made my dives extra special to me.

If you want to dive with Pisces in the future, you will encounter, rental equipment of a standard you could not fault, a modern and well equipped dive boat and a team of people I look forward to diving with again in the near future.

Visited May 2013

Neuhausen
“Padi Open Water Course - best instructor ever!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

End of April 2013 I overcame my obstacle with water and successfully completed my Padi Open Water Course with Pisces Divers in Simon's Town. As I was super nervous I was relieved when meeting my instructor Carel, who did bring me to ease. Step by step he went through the course with me, repeating all skills until memorized, was patient and funny. Furthermore all the equippment is top and well taken care of. So if you're in the Cape Town area and are thinking about taking any dive courses or trips - don't look any further - Pisces Divers is the place!!!

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Dive!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I work as a dive instructor in Tanzania and came down to South Africa for a vacation. I was in Simons Town for a couple nights to see the penguins. I soon realized you only need a couple of hours before you've had enough penguin viewing so I walked over to Pisces Divers and signed up for a dive for that afternoon. I brought down my own equipment and that saved me allot on the cost. I checked out their rental gear and it looks like it is in great condition. Their staff are very professional and most importantly the dive was amazing. We descended into a kelp forest with a max depth of 12m and had about 10 Broadnose Sevengill Sharks swimming beside us. We also had a playful seal join us! Great macro as well, there were nudis everywhere! Our DM was Jason, nice chilled out, professional guide. Thanks again!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank deepdiver492
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Best day of our lives”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The fact that the guys at Pisces divers put safety first meant that I could relax and enjoy the boat dive with my 11 year old daughter. They were truly inspiring. Wonderful dive masters, great sense of fun combined with first class safety. 100% satisfaction, book now, these guys are the best!!

Visited April 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Where did the Divemaster go?????????”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

As a DM myself I was a bit concerned with the safety of my fellow divers. One was a 15 year girl with only 17 dives but very a good diver nevertheless and the other had only 6 dives. I suggested to the DM taking us to see the cow sharks that he buddy up with the least qualified diver, he agreed. But after taking us over the kelp and we descended he was off, no stopping him. He wasn't prepared for any buoyancy issues and in kelp forest it was easy to lose sight of one another. I ended up buddying with both of the girls which was hard work as the inexperienced diver had a few buoyancy issues and towards the end of the dive did an uncontrolled ascent (good job it was only in 7 metres of water!!!). It was ashame because the dive was spoilt by this DM not doing his job!!!!! The staff at the centre were not interested and only wanted your money!!!! They talked in africaan so I couldn't understand what they were saying but it sounded like they were taking the mick out of us -not very professional at all.

5 Thank Bodfest
piscesdivers, Owner at Pisces Divers, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for alerting us me to your unsatisfactory divemaster experience while on a dive trip with Pisces Divers. We have addressed this issue with the staff member concerned and have also had a staff meeting to review the standards of our divemaster briefing and the leading of dives.