“Great view” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bertha's Restaurant

Bertha's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 37 Restaurants in Simon's Town
Cuisines: Soups, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cape Town
“Great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great views of Simonstown harbour. If Naval history interests you, then a lunch here would be just for you. This is where the South African Navy is based and you will have war ships & submarines in your sights.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
aisaac
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great specials on fresh seafood. Little disappointed by the ribs, they were a bit on the dry side. But nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

Visited May 2013
Howden, United Kingdom
“LOVELY LUNCH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times now over the past 3 years and have never been disappointed. The seafood platter was wonderful - fresh and tasty - and came with well cooked vegetables. The service was very good, albeit a little slow, but, as we were not in a rush, and were enjoying the great view of the harbour, it wasn't a problem. I would definitely recommend this as a 'must visit' when you visit Simons Town.

• Visited May 2013
in MA
“Setting versus service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Perfectly situated but the service was so slow it was annoying. I realise it is fall/winter there and maybe they are not fully staffed, but they were very busy. I received a recommendation from my tour guide and was disappointed that due to the slow service and my tight time frame, all I had time to do was eat and meet my tour with no time left to explore the waterfront area.

Once I had sat at a table, it was a good ten minutes before anyone came to take a drink order and bring me a menu. I wanted to leave but as my guide recommended it, I didn't want to. The fried hake fish and chips was very good and the portion size was perfect.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Johannesburg
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went for our Anniversary dinner and found this little Gem! Service was great and even had the manageress come to our table and wish us for our special day. My husband had the best steak I have ever tasted (basted to perfection!) and I had the spicy but delicious prawn curry! Their recommendation of the cheese cake was out of this world! Romantic flickering of lights from the harbor makes this an ideal spot for the restaurant. Definitely going back next time we are in the area.

• Visited April 2013