We stayed one night here both before and after our 5 day trek up Mount Kenya. Although quite a large building it was designed well so as to blend in with the forest. It seemed like there was more staff than guests and they were very attentive, but not intrusive. The water hole provided some great viewing whilst relaxing on the open balcony, especially after the hike! Fairly limited selection of food, but it covered all the bases and was well presented and of good quality.
The hotel comes with it's own guide if you feel like walking up the mountain, this is Benson who was fantastic, unbelievably knowledge about every bird/plant/animal you can expect to encounter and an absoluete master of all the routes no matter the weather! You can also encounter him guiding the 2 hour forest walks the hotel puts on in the afternoon, make sure you have the "Elephants Milk" in your coffee!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at 2,194 metres on the slopes of Mount Kenya, Serena Mountain Lodge is surrounded by a dense rainforest that comes alive at dusk with a myriad of sounds that make the African bush so special and exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Serena Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Mountain Hotel Mount Kenya National Park
- Serena Mountain Lodge Kenya/Mount Kenya National Park