This hotel is situated over a water hole with every room having a balcony view.Hot towels and a drink on arrival was most welcome. The rooms are a little small, well equipped but the balcony was great with a comfortable cushioned bench, the views were great. At bedtime they put a hot water bottle in the bed, I found this more useful put in my clothes whilst I sat on the balcony watching the animals. Meals were great, buffet starter and desert (if they are serving 'fruit pie' - have some - you will regret it - superb). Main course were of excellent quality. You might trouble to get a good night sleep as you will find it difficult to pull yourself way from the balcony. The animals are great and you will get good views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at 2,194 metres on the slopes of Mount Kenya, Serena Mountain Lodge is surrounded by a dense rainforest that comes alive at dusk with a myriad of sounds that make the African bush so special and exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Serena Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Mountain Hotel Mount Kenya National Park
- Serena Mountain Lodge Kenya/Mount Kenya National Park