What a unique experience it was walking into this lodge! We had the best room, "Kifaro". With a huge wall to wall glass window in our room instead of a little balcony. The view was spectacular! We sat and watched many animals come to the waterhole to drink and also watched the beautiful sunrise and view of Mount Kenya.
The room was comfortable & clean. The staff very friendly. There was a wide selection of salads & deserts on buffet and main meals were ordered from a set menu. We have travelled widely and stayed in many 5 star hotels, but have never had "Champagne breakfas"t before, so it was a treat.
We only stayed for a night, and i think it was enough to just relax and do nothing after a lot of travelling to get there, You also have an option of a bush walk, but we opted out. Overall, it was fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at 2,194 metres on the slopes of Mount Kenya, Serena Mountain Lodge is surrounded by a dense rainforest that comes alive at dusk with a myriad of sounds that make the African bush so special and exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Jovago.com, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Serena Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Mountain Hotel Mount Kenya National Park
- Serena Mountain Lodge Kenya/Mount Kenya National Park