wha a great start our safari- met by staff with drinks and wet towels to freshen up-lovely place - rooms are small (and walls are thin) but the place is very big on atmosphere,hospitality and friendliness (loved the hotwater bottles in bed when we got back to our room). Food was fantastic and plentiful. Our guide advised against the nature walk advising us to let nature come to us as we sat on the observation deck and our balcony (as we had had overnight flight and long journey, we were happy to do this) - and it did we saw a host of animals and birds visiting the waterhole a truly magical start to our holiday. would definately recommend this place and also the obligatory gift shop was reasonably priced too!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at 2,194 metres on the slopes of Mount Kenya, Serena Mountain Lodge is surrounded by a dense rainforest that comes alive at dusk with a myriad of sounds that make the African bush so special and exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Serena Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Mountain Hotel Mount Kenya National Park
- Serena Mountain Lodge Kenya/Mount Kenya National Park