“BUDGET AFRICA SAFARI”

Book In Advance
More Info
$440.00*
and up
Mount Kenya Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Aberdares...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed January 8, 2016

I work as Mountain Guide and I visit Africa quite often helping clients reach the summits they pursue. I have used BUDGET AFRICA SAFARI's services to help with the logistics in Kenya and I am most please with the way Edward handled the tasks given. As I was not in for a "canned" experience but had very specific requirements from dates, locations to staff and menu and all with high probability of change on short notice I was impressed with the way Edward and the staff from BUDGET AFRICA SAFARI helped me set up my trip. This is an outfit I will surely use again to handle my logistics on the trips to come.

All reviews
"making sure"
in 8 reviews
"experienced guide"

Reviewed January 5, 2016

We went with KenyaTreks.com and had the most brilliant experience. Fantastic guides who looked after us brilliantly from beginning to end always making sure we were OK and giving us information. They reassured us and also made it fun. It was v beautiful and we were so pleased we did this route with it's incredible flora fauna and scenery and no-one else there. Our trip was organised very efficiently with all transfers etc working perfectly. Lucy Booth in London was very efficient and helpful. We couldn't recommend KenyaTreks.com more highly.

Reviewed January 1, 2016

I trekked to Lenana peak in December with a friend - organised by Equatorial Star Safaris. Duncan (the owner) was brilliant; very accommodative and quick to respond to emails. His team were definitely the most cheerful of all the groups doing the climb. I highly recommend using his company and I shall certainly use them for future trips in the region

3  Thank anonymousX1985AM
Reviewed December 30, 2015

Together with a local resident, my girlfriend and I climbed Mt. Kenya via the Sirimon - Chogoria route. Despite two initial days marked with rain, this trek proved unforgettable and this was in great part the merit of the Equitorial Star Adventure team (beyond Duncan, as manager and head guide, our team consisted of Patrick as guide, Eldad as cook, James, Godfry, and Benson as porters, whom I all want to thank again for their dedication). Always ready to adapt to their maximise our experience, this team was ready with insight when requested (detailed information about animals and plants in the park, but also ready to engage in convrsations about Kenya as a country) and regulary took the initiative to solve problems before they occurred (our befriended third member was a trek beginner and the team suggested rapidly to split up in two accompanied groups to avoid tensions due to different walking paces). Another example of their creativeness: they proved to be the only team having thought of a brasero to help us warming up after walking in the rain. Finally, after concluding the trek under a most welcome sun, they also made sure we got to the airport in time for our plane, with a few ripe Kenyan mango's to prolong the pleasure of our stay in Kenya despite the return to the European winter.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 29, 2015

We had a fantastic trek with GoToMountKenya, they represent excellent value, and were very caring towards us. Climbing the mountain is possible for the moderately fit, although be aware that it is possible to have problems with the altitude, and you need time to acclimatise.
The food was excellent and plentiful, and the guide Zack and his team of porters, Sampson, 2 David's, and Anthony were hard working, friendly and respectful.
The ascent up Chogoria is not to be missed and utterly beautiful with varied landscape, birdlife, and amazing plants. It was emotional making it to the summit, and the view is spectacular. The descent down Sirimon was a long slog on the final day when the adrenaline of reaching the summit has worn off, especially as we had rain. Zack clearly loves Mount Kenya, and showed us some great sites including a wonderful waterfall
A big thank you to the team that supported us on the trek and gave us an unforgettable experience. My partner was unable to make the summit, but felt very well looked after and also really enjoyed the challenge of this special trip

2  Thank Ian L