“An Unexpected Property” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Texarkana
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“An Unexpected Property”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was expecting a ordinary Choice property but found this hotel to be a large convention center with a large indoor pool, hot tub, exercise area, ping pong tables, pool tables, etc. So, lots for the kids to do. In addition, there is an in-hotel restaraunt (Mexican) and bar. However, the hotel still serves the regular Choice properties' breakfast. The downsides are that the room furnishings are a little worn, and the flat-screen TV is small. The breakfast area, which is in the large atrium, was also a little cold on the late December morning that we were at the hotel. The hotel is also close to the Texarkana mall and several restaraunts. All in all though, it was a pleasant overnight. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I were traveling from Nashville to Houston and needed a place to stay for the night. The Lacrosse was one of the less expensive options in Texarkana, so we did not set our expectations too high. Well, the Lacrosse Clarion hotel turned out to be a great place to stay. The room was clean and odor-free. Bathroom tub had a mat for the bottom and worked great for both shower and bath. The staff was courteous and helpful - both the night crew and the morning people.
The included breakfast was modest, but did include eggs, waffles, coffee, and juice. Probably toast and maybe pastries, but I don't eat those items anyway.
The hotel is undergoing some renovations and so one of the elevators was out of service temporarily, but that was not a problem.
The location is easy-off, easy-on to the I-30 at exit 1 in Arkansas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester,WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We have been staying here off and on for about 4 yrs, It seems to be better every time we stay.I would recommended this hotel to anyone traveling through Texakanna,TX, you will be pleasently supprised. Also be sure to try the in house Resturant it is exellent!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed one night with family while passing through to Houston, TX. The room rate was good, the staff was really nice and helpful. It was close to several restaurants and the beds were really comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here during my drive home for Thanksgiving. Did some research online and saw this hotel was decently rated and accepted pets. But DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE RATING!! The hotel is very old, unclean and in desperate need of renovation. I checked into my room a little after 10 pm and was given a king suite. After dropping my bag in the room, I headed to the bathroom to find a swarm (I am not kidding you) of tiny black bugs lining the bathtub!! I can't confirm if they were b**bugs or not, but I took no chances. I dragged my bags and dog into the hallway and demanded another room from the front desk. By 11:00 pm, I had another king "suite". I tripled checked for bugs and found none. However, the new room reeked of "cat urine" (or something similar), but at this point I just wanted to go to sleep. I could not leave that place fast enough. I will say that the front desk staff was accommodating as they could be and even waived my pet fee. However, I still have no plans to return. For my next drive for Christmas, I plan to stay at the Candlewood Suites, which seems a newer facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had the best experience at this hotel. Everyone was friendly. They were great with directions. Super clean and neat. They called our room to make sure everything was OK. It was a very good value. We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place was a Disaster! We were traveling through on the way home from a business trip and decided to stop in Texarkana for the night. I called ahead to the Clarion and checked on avalailability and reserved 2 rooms. When we pulled into the parking lot the outside of the building looked pretty nice and thought we had made a good choice. BOY WAS I WRONG!
The clerk was friendly at check in and gave us our room keys and told us of a side entrance close to our rooms. When we opened the door to the hallway we were immediatley hit with a very STRONG Smoke odor. Our entire team immediatley went.."Ewwww!!" It was horrible smelling. Once in our room we immediatley noticed how small the beds were and how old and outdated everything was. I could hear traffic outside very clearly as if the window were open. I walked over and pulled the curtain back to discover that the entire window casing was broken and the window was sitting there tilted. There was about a 1/2 inch opening at the top that was opened straight to outdoors. There was no way that window was shutting. Upon touching it I realized that the entire window pane was just sitting there propped. If I woould have pushed forward the whole thing would have fallen out. The back of the door was in desperate need of a paint job. There were marks and stains all over it. In the bathroom I shut the door and there was a long black hair stuck to it. When I went to turn on the water at the sink the entire faucet was undone and loose. You could pick up the whole faucet out of the sink. There was a hole in the wall behaind the toilet. I mean this place was literally falling apart and old. Like i said earlier. A DUMP!! I realized I had forgotten to ask if there was a rollaway cot available for our room. I travel a lot and all over the country and the typical price for renting a cot is usually anywhere from $10.00-$12.00. I go to the front desk and ask about one and they said let me check and see if we have one. So I wait there in the lobby for 15 minutes and finally they tell me they have one. I asked how much was it and they said $25.00!! Unbelievable! That was half the price of the room almost for a crappy old broken down cot. Of course I told them to keep it!
In the morning when we opened the door to our room to leave, once again, we were hit with that STINKING SMOKE odor in the hallway. Take my advice. This place may look nice on the outside but it is A COMPLETE BROKEN DOWN, OUTDATED. STINKING NASTY DUMP!! There are several other hotels in the Texarkana area. GO TO ONE OF THEM!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Comfort Suites Texarkana
Hampton Inn Texarkana Arkansas
Regency Inn & Suites
Regency Inn & Suites
#7 of 17 in Texarkana

Been to Lacrosse Hotel? Share your experiences!