“"Our home away from home"”

Knights Inn Texarkana
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Texarkana
Pearland
“"Our home away from home"”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

A total of 40+ family mbrs. spent 3 days at this hotel for our bi-annual Williams Family reunion. As much as tradition is apart of our family, so is staying at this hotel. The owners Mr. & Mrs. Davis, always make it a point to recognize our stay and go far beyond the call of duty to accommodate all of our wishes and needs. This pass weekend, the hotel staff rolled out the 'red carpet' and recognized that this was our 5th reunion stay at their hotel. Even though for this reunion, we didn't have our banquet at their hotel, they made us still feel at home. If there were any problems that individual family members may have had with their respective room(s), it was taken care of immediately. As president of our family reunion for the pass 3 years, I realize that we could have choosen a newer hotel, however, the Lacrosse has everything a large group needs at their fingertips. Such as, onsite restaurant, refrig & microwave in every room, indoor pool, work out facility and a beautiful atrium. I give the mtgmt. and staff an A+ because they have served our family well. Look forward to our stay in 2013. Ths, Donna Bell

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2011

When we got there the elevator was not working. We waited for 10 minutes and just finally walked to the other one. During the three day stay, our toilet broke three times. I asked for some money to be taken off the total price because of all the inconveniences but they just told me that the room across from us was available. At this point (our last night) it would have been another inconvenience to move all of our belongings.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was with a group of 50 travelers on a bus tour. When our bus arrived, the general manager was standing outside the bus to greet and welcome us to the hotel. Our first impression was awesome, as we had been in four hotels already along the route. The room was big and spacious! There were envelopes addressed to each guest with our individual names on them laying on the dresser. The letter inside welcomed us personally and let us know that the GM and staff were there to be of service to us and not to hesitate to contact them if their was a concern. Later that evening, many of us on the tour met in the lobby to discuss how unbelievable the hospitality was. We all wished that we could have stayed in this hotel the 4 nights we spent elsewhere. The following morning upon our departure, each of us (50) were given a decorated gift bag with the following
treats...bananas, pretzels, cookies, bottled water and nuts. What a surprise! The continental breakfast was great too. Eggs, sausage, pancakes, etc. and real plates and silverware served in a restaurant setting with booths and tables.We even had a waiter who picked up behind us. As we left that morning, the buzz was all about the enjoyable hospitality we had received. I do not usually post reviews, but this hotel and staff deserve to be recognized!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This is absolutely the worst motel I have EVER stayed in and I will never come back. On their website it was gorgeous, but when you see it up close. UGHHHH! NASTY! One of the main reasons that we choose to stay at this motel was because of the pool tables, arcade, work out room, ect. So the kids would have something to do (teenagers) But what they don’t tell you is that it is in an atrium….. and it is 90 degrees in there! After traveling all day in the sun and playing baseball, the last thing that we wanted was 90 degrees! The carpet in the atrium was moldy and musky! My suggestion, get fake plants and keep it cool for the guest, duh…. The pool was closed in and the smell of chlorine was soooo strong I couldn’t stand to sit in there. My husband was brave and got in, and then he itched for 2 days! And you don’t even want to look at the hot tub… YUCK!!
The other thing I guess we got the old part of the building because walking down the hall way it was like walking in a cave very narrow and very low ceiling. To claustrophobic for me. The room was OK. But just OK…. It was hot when we arrived and smelt very musky. The granite in the bathroom was cracked; the bedspreads on the bed look like something from 1970 and smelt musky. Thank God I brought my own sheets!! The lamp had to be replaced, the fridge was not cold, and the only had 1 washer and 1 dryer for the whole place! The comp breakfast was cold and greasy yuck! (Affraid of salmonella posining) It was just a horrible experience! I only wish that I had taken pics.My suggestion, DON”T STAY HERE! Find another hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
ClarionHotelLaCrosse, Public Relations Manager at Knights Inn Texarkana, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to make me aware of the problems you encountered during your last visit to our property.
I am sorry there was an issue with our Maintenance, and Food & beverage department.We have addressed the issues, and are currently correcting the problems, in regard to provide the best customer service that you come to expect while staying with us. The issues in the atrium have been addressed and we have put in motion to be corrected. Again I apologize for this huge inconvenience.
Thank you again for your constructive comments, and your valuable contribution.

Travelers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2011

down to visit my daughter...very nice place.the staff was very helpful....very clean room..i took my daughter out to eat twice...the secound day we went to the resturant for a quick snack...the food and service was excellent..the food was so good we ate the rest of our meals there....a must try you will be missing out if you dont try it....over all very happy with my secound stay there and will be back again...

1 Thank med1air
Reviewed June 23, 2011

For the money, the Clarion Lacrosse in Texarkana was a decent value. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable. The hallways could stand to be refurbished as they are dingy and dark; though clean they just give the appearance of not being as well taken care of. We arrived late and left fairly early, so other than a walk-through of the pool area after breakfast, we did not see much of the property.

We made a reservation while enroute through www.booking.com and received a confirmation number, but upon arrival at the hotel, they had no record of this. They did, however, honor the rate I had booked at.

The staff we encountered was courteous and helpful.

The only complaint we had was the breakfast. Though complimentary, it was pretty much indelible. The food was cold, the bacon undercooked and the milk for the cereal was warm. The coffee was decent.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, and in fact probably will on our next trip through the area as our daughter would love the indoor pool.

• Stayed June 2011
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The room smelled terribly musty (?), so the first thing I had to do was spray body spray to try to 'freshen' it. Everything was dingy and in disrepair, especially the bathroom. Corners in the bathroon were gross. Poor patch jobs on tile. Towels did not smell fresh. Sheets APPEARED clean, but I was concerned about the bedspread -- removed it and got it as far away from my bed as I could. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was just as bad. Eggs and hashbrowns were cold; and did not 'sit well' with our stomachs. This room cost $25 MORE than the beautiful Hilton Garden Inn we stayed in at North Little Rock on our return trip. All-in-all I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I don't know what the owner does with his profits, but he certainly doesn't invest any of them in maintenance or housekeeping! Drive one more exit and stay at the Hampton or Hilton!! wish we had!

1 Thank Patti1963
ClarionHotelLaCrosse, General Manager at Knights Inn Texarkana, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Thank you again for your constructive comments, and your valuable contribution.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Best Western Plus Texarkana Inn & Suites
#5 of 18 in Texarkana
Luxury Inn and Suites
Luxury Inn and Suites
#9 of 18 in Texarkana

Been to Knights Inn Texarkana? Share your experiences!