“Very happy...”

Comfort Suites Texarkana
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Texarkana
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Couldnt ask for a better stay clean rooms no brainer where I'll stay from now on when I'm in Texarkana...great full breakfast....rooms are fantastic....staff bent over backwards to make my stay feel like a king

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Texarkana

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed here two separate times in the last week on a trip to Texas. We had stayed here last fall and it was so nice it was the only hotel we considered on this trip. Its new, modern and the price is so low. Not the most convenient location but only a few miles from most of the major shopping and restaurants. Staff is always pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CheeseMom52
Comfort S, Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while visiting Texarkana. We strive to offer great customer service along with a great value for our guests. We hope to see you next time!!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My family spent 3 nights in the hotel, and while it was nice, spacious, and new, I was not happy what I came home with. Saturday night my family went swimming in the pool, while I enjoyed the hot tub. My 5 year old was in the hot tub with me for a few minutes as well. Come Monday morning, I woke up with a rash all over my stomach, back, hips, etc from my thighs up to my armpits. Come to find out, I actually have Pseudomonas Folliculitis, also known as "Hot Tub Rash" from the pH levels in the hot tub being way off and not clean. My 5 year old now has a few bumps on her too, but I have 100s. I have taken plenty of photos for documentation as well. This is not somewhere I'd recommend swimming at. I also called the hotel 3 times today, and each time I have been told the manager is busy interviewing people all day and can't get to me. I sure hope the manager is interviewing hot tub cleaners. Thankfully after posting to Choice Hotels Facebook page, they said someone will be contacting me ASAP.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Darci B
Comfort S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Ma'am this is ridiculous. Yes, I had appointments lined up throughout the day however, had you left a message your call would have been returned as soon as possible. As for our pool and hot tub, they are both cleaned on a daily basis and the chemicals used are also monitored daily. We have had multiple guests use our facilities and none of them have had issues such as the ones you mention here. In the future, when the person you are trying to reach is unavailable at that time, please leave a message so they can get back with you.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Good:
Room was spacious, nice layout, and clean.
Bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Staff was very courteous.
Great deal.

Bad:
The room door was very difficult to open and close. An elderly person or child will not be able to open/close this door.
Very noisy AC (I think) running non-stop all night. It was not the room AC unit. May have been laundry noise from another floor. No such unit nor elevator was near on my floor.
No guest service binder in the room. I was not able to find the time for breakfast. I went down for a Breakfast around 9:10am to find out that it ended at 9am:( This was new for me. I have never stayed at any hotel that ended so early.
Bathroom needs better lighting. The lighting at the mirror is so dark, it was hard for me to see how much make up I had put on...

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Freya S
Comfort S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

We at the Comfort Suites in Texarkana, AR are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. When you return to our area, please visit us again.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I checked into the hotel late and all the rooms were booked except for two which were dirty. The front desk girl Amber went up and cleaned a room for us, I have never had service like this at any hotel

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Cmh88
Comfort S, Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at Comfort Suites while visiting the Texarkana area. We strive to make each guests' stay as enjoyable as possible. Next time you visit the area please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stopped here for the night while visiting family. Much better than the visit with the family. The room was clean although I didn't move any furniture. The bathroom was clean with fresh towels. We did not use the pool.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at Comfort Suites while visiting your family in the Texarkana area. We strive to make each guests' stay as enjoyable as possible. Next time you visit the area please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a very quiet, clean, and comfortable hotel! Beds were very comfortable! We didn't have the breakfast but it looked sufficient. Pool was very clean but odor of chlorine was very strong. We would definitely stay here again if in the area

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Mamamacgma
Comfort S, Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for staying with us while you were visiting our city. Please visit us again next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Best Western Plus Texarkana Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Texarkana Arkansas
Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
#5 of 19 in Texarkana
Holiday Inn Texarkana Arkansas Convention Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Texarkana

Been to Comfort Suites Texarkana? Share your experiences!