“Now Back in Texarkana, Arkansas”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Chico Cafe

El Chico Cafe
Ranked #58 of 83 Restaurants in Texarkana
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Texarkana,Texas
“Now Back in Texarkana, Arkansas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My brother and I had lunch at the El Chico Cafe this past week. Both of us selected from their Lunch Specials Menu. I had the Chicken Monterrey Lunch which consisted of a grilled chicken breast with onions, mushrooms, green peppers and melted jack cheese, with pico de gallo, rice and sauteed vegetables. We were both surprised at how generous the portions were. In fact, I had to get a Take Home Box for later.

It was really easy to find something delicious from their extensive Tex Mex menu of Appetizers, Soups and Salads, Fajitas and Grill, Enchiladas, Mombo Combos, Burritos and More as well as their Taqueria. They also have a wonderful selection of alcoholic specialty drinks like their Grande 'Rita which is their house Margarita but I wish that they had a more extensive non alcoholic beverage selection that included flavored ice teas or specialty coffee drinks.

Directions: Exit Interstate 30 at State Line. From AR: Exit and cross over I 30 to the service road. From TX Continue on the service road past the State Line intersection. El Chico Cafe is located on the right in the old Bennigan's location just before Jefferson Avenue.

Hours of Service: Sunday - Thursday 11 am to 10 pm and Friday and Saturday 11 to 11 pm.
Also note that their Lunch Specials are served Weekdays from 11 am to 5 pm and after 5 pm and on weekends, add $1.50 to the bill.

I have been a fan of the El Chico Cafe since my days in Houston TX when I would stop by their FM 1960 location at least once a week for my weekly Tex Mex food fix. And this recent addition to Texarkana's restaurant scene does not disappoint!

• Visited January 2013

“Very good TexMex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at El Chico several times in Texarkana since they opened. Every time the food was served quickly and was hot. The service was good and the restaurant was clean. They have a nice full bar. We will return.