“Not the best”
Review of Days Inn Texarkana

Days Inn Texarkana
Days Inn Texarkana
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Texarkana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hendersonville
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Property is deteriorating; maintenance appears to be only a minor priority with the manager. Breakfast looked good at first, but there had been only enough food put out for the expected guests. They have a Belgian waffle machine--good, huh?--but the batter was NOT Belgian waffle batter; it had absolutely no flavor. The batter reservoir was also empty; I mentioned this to the front desk lady, who said she "...would make up some more..." if anyone else showed up. The "fresh fruit" consisted of one apple WITH A BITE TAKEN OUT OF IT!!! The orange juice machine had TANG in it...NOT orange juice.

All in all, a typical property purchased with the intent of maximizing profits by minimizing expenses and most likely selling it off later to another franchise. I have seen this same route with many Indian/Pakistani/Patel-run properties.

Note that the evening front-desk person, named Takeena or something similar, was absolutely wonderful...friendly, helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank CapnAmerica
Eaton, Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This property was the worst place I have ever stayed at. We checked in, and were warned by the night attendent that breakfast ends early and that the owner/manager is cheap so she doesn't refill any of the breakfast items. We got to our room where there was NO COLD WATER?! I called down but at that hour there was nothing she could really do to fix it, and offered for me to call the manager in the morning. I called to let her know about it and she started yelling hysterically, and at one point i hung up on her (from the phone in the room) and SHE CALLED BACK!!! I have never in my life been treated so rudely, and I truely regret staying there. The outside hallway smelled of pee, the towels were dirty, and there were stains on the walls and curtains. This is the hotel that has convinced me to speak up and check out and ask for a refund if ever put in that situation. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go across the street to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lacey937

Travelers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

Houston
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed over night and we really enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the personnel were efficient and friendly.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Amity, Arkansas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I will not be staying here again!!! There was several things that we did not like about our stay on June 2, 2013, during the Hot Rod Power Tour (which had over 5,000 hot rod cars/trucks in town). We participated in the Hot Rod Power Tour and we booked another hotel room with a different Hotel chain with a online booking service. We got a confirmation # and they said we had a booked room, come to find out a few days later they were overbooked and they recommended that we stay at the Days Inn, we didn't have much choice but to book a room with them because all the rooms were being booked up by other people on the Hot Rod Power Tour. When we checked in and got into our room the room was HOT! The air was off & they should have at least had it on low, since they knew they all these people were going to be in town & all the rooms would be booked up. After, we turned on the air conditioner, which was in the back of the room, we turned the T.V. on and it was snowy, my husband got to messing with the T.V. trying to make it better, & found out there wasn't a coax. He made it little better to the best he could so we could watch a little T.V., but it still wasn't a great picture. Since, there was a lot of other Hot Rod participants staying at the hotel, we wanted to see there cars, so we pulled back the curtain and when I looked down at my foot, there was a dead roach...ugh gross!!! I wanted to leave right then, but we couldn't because there was no other hotel rooms in town, they were all booked up. I had trouble sleeping that night because I kept dreaming about roaches. Also, the hotel needs major repairs & remodeling upgrade...the toilet was very loose, the shower head was about to fall off the wall, the adjoining door was rusty at the bottom of the door, the carpet at patches in it, & I could go on & on. The price we paid for this hotel is not worth the stay!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with out roaches, needs to be clean, and been recently remolded with everything worki...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Comfort Suites Texarkana
Econo Lodge Texarkana
Econo Lodge Texarkana
#10 of 19 in Texarkana
Hampton Inn Texarkana Arkansas

Been to Days Inn Texarkana? Share your experiences!